I got my first job.

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 2, 2004
I aint getting paid but there gonna prop me on there cd but either way im happy :eek:

I made this last night i made a couple versions and this was the last one i made and he said he liked it. He said its really cool and shit so i hope you all enjoy it. what do you think?

Feb 10, 2003
www.essqubed.com
The colour might be too burned out but it has potential. The text should probably go along with the same look/feel as the rest of the cover...meaning grunge/dirty. Hope that helps & congrats on getting your first commissioned design (sort of commissioned anyway) .

Regards

May 2, 2004
Thanx alot. THe text was really hard for me to do i wanted to overlay it to but couldnt figure out a good way to do it to match the rest of the cd cover. So i just thought id keep its white cuz the only way to overlay you wouldn tbe able to read it.

Thanx alot though :)

Congrats on you're first! Like others, I'm not liking the text . . . the top might pass but change up the bottom title and make it a lil' smaller.

Watch out designing in RGB, your gonna loose alot of those saturated reds and yellows in the foreheads if they're getting out of CMYK gamut. Flatten in PS and convert to CMYK and see if your color suffers. You don't want to learn the hard way, you'll wonder why it printed "muddy or desaturated"

May 2, 2004
How big do you make the cd covers? I usually go for 500 x 500 pixels i heard you need a lil bigger but never given an exact size can and of you tell me what size would be best?

Feb 10, 2003
www.essqubed.com
TheGraphixLab said:
Watch out designing in RGB, your gonna loose alot of those saturated reds and yellows in the foreheads if they're getting out of CMYK gamut. Flatten in PS and convert to CMYK and see if your color suffers.
Very good point boss.

Another solution is to do your design in RGB but view it as it would appear in CMYK format. Go to "View" & make certain your "Proof Setup" has "Working CMYK" checked & then go back under the "View" tab & select "Proof Colors".

Regards

Apr 4, 2004
bgngraphics.com
Essqubed said:
Very good point boss.

Another solution is to do your design in RGB but view it as it would appear in CMYK format. Go to "View" & make certain your "Proof Setup" has "Working CMYK" checked & then go back under the "View" tab & select "Proof Colors".

Regards
cool I didn't know this and all the filters that don't work in cmyk mode will work or what I'm a check it out.

Essqubed said:
Very good point boss.

Regards
If you "Must" (sigh) work in RGB (I wouldn't recommend it).
Like Essqubed said,
A quick key to keep handy is:

"Ctrl+Y" (PC)
-or-
"Comand+Y" (Mac).

This will allow you to preview CMYK while designing in RGB and back and forth. Watch your colors when you "Ctrl+Y" to CMYK Preview. Your monitor is not fooling you, process printers us CMYK, what you see is what you'll get.

NOTE: you'll know you're in CMYK Preview mode because behind the file name and % of zoom on the image window, there will be a (RGB / CMYK) in stead of the normal view (RGB)

May 2, 2004
The ctrl Y dont change the color for me but I do know what you are talking about becuz I made a cd insert and i sent it to the guy thru aim and all the colors were fucked. I use photoshop 7.0 it dont change the color while im working on it though can you help me. why does it do that anyway. and how do i keep the color i want.