hyphy movement(bay influence in the hip hop nation)

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 4, 2005
bigbosstalk said:
and once this "fad" is over with and by that i mean all the preppy white boys doin it in there mom's benz's and range rovers, the mother fuckers in the town are still gonna be goin stupid because theyve been doin it for years

exactly........oh, and by tha way........Rosa Parks got kicked off A/C Transit...........the bay started everything.........bitch............

BASEDVATO

Judo Chop ur Spirit
May 8, 2002
U need to give it up to the south regardless from atl to memphis they been doen they own thing. Its stupid to say they bit the bay. Only true thing the bay can fully say they did to change the rap game is doing music independently and starting a lot of mainstream slang

Mar 1, 2006
"I think that people in the Bay think they started everything. It has nothing to do with the Bay, the mediea began to label different sub-genre's of rap, as "movements". Whats your point?"

WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT???? OH MY GOD!!! THE BAY IS BACK!!!! ACTING LIKE COMPLETE IDIOTS STARTED IN THE BAY!!!

May 10, 2002
bigbosstalk said:
and once this "fad" is over with and by that i mean all the preppy white boys doin it in there mom's benz's and range rovers, the mother fuckers in the town are still gonna be goin stupid because theyve been doin it for years
Yup.

And SNAP MUSIC had hit records before HYPHY was a "movement" so king of the O's theory is shot to hell

Quick

May 6, 2002
Yay Area, CA
And Dip set had their movement moving before the hyphy movement was thought of........

It seems like the fans like to take credit for what the artists as if they doin it themselves........

0R0

Girbaud Shuttle Jeans
Dec 10, 2006
BasedWorld
hyphy aint crunk at all.gettin crunk is jus doin 2 much at a party,dats it,it stops at da club.but hyphy is da young cats getin off triple stacks,mollywhoppin ova four dollars & slappin 4 15s up yo block.and i noe hella nigs who basically do dis frm day 2 day,so it is in fact a lifestyle & a state of mind at da same tyme

Feb 13, 2006
5ive1en said:
^^ I think HOUSTON is the home for undground rap. Their artists push 50-80k independetly. Some Bay artists struggle to push even 10k, well known artists too, San Quinn, Keak, etc. In Houston, they have a much greater market for underground rap out there and support their artists a lot more.
yeah they might push more units but that shyt has been here for a min...im not talkn bout how many units they push im talkn bout that the bay had the INDEPENDENT/UNDERGROUND hustle for a long time....all this shyt that is jus beeing seen nation wide has been in tha bay for a min....no1 is takn credit away from crunk or houston and shyt...but they do got to give credit to us....BUT yeah every1 jus plays a role in hip hop....if the east coast was doing they thang...than of coarse the south wanna show they can do they thang and if the south doing they thang than the west wanna show we got that shyt to....and then so on and so on...but yeah i respect every1 opinion tho.!

May 10, 2002
Quick said:
I thought getting hyphy was when you was doing 2 much????

its funny how the meaning of hyphy got flipped around........
The meaning gets flipped around to fit the agenda of whoever is trying to capitalize off of it at any given moment.

Feb 21, 2006
www.trunkmuzik.blogspot.com
5ive1en said:
I think HOUSTON is the home for undground rap. Their artists push 50-80k independetly. Some Bay artists struggle to push even 10k, well known artists too, San Quinn, Keak, etc. In Houston, they have a much greater market for underground rap out there and support their artists a lot more.
alot of people nationwide gives credit to the Bay Area for starting INDEPENDENT underground rap. its not all about how much numbers you do. even rappers in Texas say the Bay started this Independent thing.

Houston, Texas rappers do better than rappers in the Bay because they have alot more supporters/fans across their state. If the BAY AREA was just as big as TEXAS then Bay artists would do bigger numbers independently. You can find a shit load of Houston rap fans across their state in Texas. the Bay doesnt even get that kind of support across Cali.

May 10, 2002
DJxREMARKABLE said:
Houston, Texas rappers do better than rappers in the Bay because they have alot more supporters/fans across their state. If the BAY AREA was just as big as TEXAS then Bay artists would do bigger numbers independently. You can find a shit load of Houston rap fans across their state in Texas. the Bay doesnt even get that kind of support across Cali.
That's a very good point.

On top of that, the bay area is the download mecca so that cuts into profits even more than normal