Hyphy/Bay Party In Stockholm Sweden

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jun 11, 2006
First post but an interesting one...

I just got back from Sweden where I was invited by Rodeo Magazine (a Swedish music/fashion/culture press) to DJ a night to introduce the hyphy sound to Stockholm.

I found out that in the more hipster crowds in Europe, hyphy music's innovative style really appeals to the fashion-forward, internet-hip types. Especially in Stockholm where they heeeeella feel Cali fashion styles. Never before at any party have I seen more dudes rockin' Cali labels, full print hoodies, Stussy shirts, limited Nikes, etc. There's even a well known store called CaliRoots which carries a lot styles lifted from California companies.

Now, people didn't necessarily get hyphy in the full sense of the verb, but it's good to see it slowly getting its rounds. This shit has a lot going on for a diverse range of audiences to appreciate.

Shout outs to Stockholm for knowing whats up.

I recorded the mix which included a lot of old and recent stuff. I'll post it up for free if I get enough requests. Peace.

M
www.markmarcelo.com

Jan 26, 2006
I'll be in Europe next week. Got a round trip ticket for $350 from a friend that works at an airline. It'll be interesting to see what they be playing in the clubs out ther. I was imaginin it would be all techno shit...

Mar 27, 2006
that's pretty fuckin tight. they should be more up on bay area's style of clothing.. white-tee's, girbauld, LRG, true , Jordans. etc..

Fila

www.sactownradio.com
Apr 25, 2002
www.sactownradio.com
mmarcelo said:
I found out that in the more hipster crowds in Europe, hyphy music's innovative style really appeals to the fashion-forward, internet-hip types.
www.markmarcelo.com
^^HELL YEAH THAT'S WUSSUP I TRY TO TELL ABOUT THE DEMAND OVERSEAS...STOCKHOLM IS A HOT SPOT BUT ALL OVER FRANCE, GERMANY ITALY...YOU WOULD BE SUPRISED.

POST UP THE MIX AND KEEP IT INTERNATIONAL PIMPIN!