Hydraulics Question

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jul 8, 2005
Hey what's up i recently bought me a Monte Carlo with switches, and the rear won't raise. It will raise for a second but will not hold the pressure it needs to hold it up. I checked the hose and it is fine, so what else could be making it do this. The front works fine it is the rear that will not stay up. it's a 2 pump set up, 10 switches, and i'm really tryin to learn the technical side of hydraulics. The nearest lowrider shop is a couple hours away so i really need some advice on what MIGHT be the problem so i can break it down a bit. Thanks in advance to anyone who can help...

Gas One

May 24, 2006
Downtown, Pittsburg. Southeast Dago.
i say keep hitting the switches until it works

and if that dosent work, stick your hand out of the window and move it up and down (to panamime your car hitting switches)

it works better if you have a little black kid next to your car that does the hand thing.

Evil Jesus

Its All Evil Jesus!
May 22, 2006
ITS FREAKS said:
bottom line, u have an air leak somewhere.
take it to a lowlow shop.
its a shame theres no air in a HYDRAULIC setup.

easiest way to see if somethings fucked is to look around your pumps, dumps, check valves, etc for oil or hydraulic fluid. id check and see if your whips got accumulators. youll know if you have them because the car will ride close to stock. without them its like riding in a car with a steel bar for a shock. after youve done that check to make sure their all tight on the in and out side. once youve got that figured out then you can diagnose from there. obviously your pumps and dumps are workin cause you can lift and lower it. if one of your lines was fucked then it would strain real bad when lifting/lowering. check all your connections at each end of each line. is your setup hardlined?