HUNTERS POINT

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 9, 2002
actually, it'd be a misnomer to say the bank owned your home, considering it wouldn't be the bank's name on the dotted line of the property deed, but yours.

misnomer=a wrong or inaccurate name or designation.

it'd be like if you said the warriors own oracle arena, and i said oakland/alameda own it.

in both instances you are right literally, and i'm right technically
The name on the line means about as much as poop on toilet paper. Money is going to more or less rule out any ink you see when it comes to a home. If you dont make a payment, the bank will fold you up, and that name is meaningless. That name will fuck your credit up to boot.

troythemac

Deep Slumps
Feb 13, 2013
The name on the line means about as much as poop on toilet paper. Money is going to more or less rule out any ink you see when it comes to a home. If you dont make a payment, the bank will fold you up, and that name is meaningless. That name will fuck your credit up to boot.
the significance of the name doesn't matter, it's the location. in this case, that location is on a deed.

Jul 4, 2011
Huffington Post said:
The predominantly black neighborhoods in [Bayview Hunters Point] have been labeled the only part of San Francisco experiencing “extreme poverty,” and local homicide rates have been nearly five times the city average.
Lolwut, talk about yellow journalism. What kind of poverty are tenants in the SROs and projects of the Mission, Tenderloin, Fillmore, SOMA, Visitacion Valley, Potrero Hill, etc. experiencing exactly? The gentle kind?

And the only predominantly black neighborhood in the entire area at this point is Hunters Point, Latinos and Asians (and whites these days) have been moving in and buying up houses/renting in Bayview for over a decade. They've been building luxury condos on 3rd street ever since the T line opened up... gentrification in Bayview ain't nothing new.

Jun 5, 2004
-some- asians in sf are like the most racist towards black people that ive ever seen... Some of them treat blacks like they are all going to rob them and steal their babies and eat them or something lol

I think its just out of pure ignorance more than anything because alot of them came here not really knowing american culture all that much, and alot of what they learned is not nessicarily modern stuff... Asians be teachin that old-school ancient tradition to their kids. Its like "ok Uncle Chao moved to america in 1950 and he told mom all about it, in america the White man is the successful one so were gonna go there and try to emmulate the white man, and the Black man is the bad ones theyre the white mans enemy they rob and steal from everybody so we stay away from them. And supposedly theres this new thing called Mexicans, but i don know about them because when uncle chao was there they hadnt been invented yet."

Apr 25, 2002
HP/Bayview has the best weather in all of SF imo.

I used to go to school on 3rd Street. I used to see white dudes in suits walking around trying to offer landlords money.

they need to clean up Market and Mission street near SOMA, hella bums and crack heads... can't tell you how many times I did front flips and awkward hops to avoid stepping in human shit
I stay in an alley off 6th and mission
Everyday I don't step in shit is a victory

Apr 25, 2002
And one of my best friends grew up in one of the actual hi rise project buildings in sf... I forget the name but i think it near fillmore/mcalister
The high rises on fillmore and Mcallister are senior living
Fillmore and Turk is is the fillmore center
That's not projects but there is a certain percentage that's section 8

Feb 10, 2004
www.twitter.com
I dont know how many real niggas is on here but your block under siege. Yall at a war wit eachother. And the city got a plan to gentrify the fuck out the place. They starting at At n T park and the other end is Candlestick. Wake up stay strong.
We've been under economic and political siege for a while now. Its a place without much hope for the youngins. Its hard to tell a man (even tho a young one) to change his direction when you don't have much in the way of opportunity with immediate benefits for them.

It seems like hella of em are thuggin and broadcastin what they can be remembered when they get killed or go to jail.

Jul 6, 2002
$o. $an Fran
Just talked to one of my folks today. He working on some housing construction on third and Evans. He was telling me about that Chinese shit going on over there. Shit is real. I wonder why Chinese immigrants get passes when every other fuckin races is looked down on for illegal immigration.

May 10, 2002
The point is if all of these residents in HP would have bought a house/duplex etc when prices were way down and affordable they'd have more control over the situation then getting kicked out or rents raised in the future. I just met a guy from a Caribbean island who was a grocery store clerk for 30+ years that accumulated 10 buildings worth $1M each. Everyone has a shot... not everyone takes it.

I pay my mortgage/taxes and have comfort knowing that both are fixed and nobody can raise my rent but the second my tenant moves out I can increase the rent $800 more PER MONTH. I'd be crazy not to... the key is to buy or you're at the mercy of the market.

Simple as that!

Feb 10, 2004
www.twitter.com
The point is if all of these residents in HP would have bought a house/duplex etc when prices were way down and affordable they'd have more control over the situation then getting kicked out or rents raised in the future. I just met a guy from a Caribbean island who was a grocery store clerk for 30+ years that accumulated 10 buildings worth $1M each. Everyone has a shot... not everyone takes it.

I pay my mortgage/taxes and have comfort knowing that both are fixed and nobody can raise my rent but the second my tenant moves out I can increase the rent $800 more PER MONTH. I'd be crazy not to... the key is to buy or you're at the mercy of the market.

Simple as that!
You've got a point, but most people (even those with jobs and a high school education) are not educated to be owners. At best, most people are taught to go to school, get a job, and live paycheck to paycheck, paying their rent and bills.

Education of the people has to start somewhere. I can tell you that many people grow up thinking they are supposed to be born, live, and die in poverty. Anytime they get something that is beyond that, they feel that they are beating the system. Most people who are able to evolve out of that state of mind end up leaving. Which is why you don't hear about many success stories out of the hood.

Feb 8, 2006
Yep.im the big guy with the long hair.i work with some of the kids in the neighborhood.there is a group home on the block so usually once a year I'll take one of the boys under my wing and work with strength training, self defense and helping them with school shit.i really think if all of us helped mentor one boy our neighborhoods would strengthen in a positive way.if any of y'all have a younger brother or kid in your hood who plays ball I teach strength training to a lot of pro ballers but I coach at risk kids for free

May 10, 2002
You've got a point, but most people (even those with jobs and a high school education) are not educated to be owners. At best, most people are taught to go to school, get a job, and live paycheck to paycheck, paying their rent and bills.

Education of the people has to start somewhere. I can tell you that many people grow up thinking they are supposed to be born, live, and die in poverty. Anytime they get something that is beyond that, they feel that they are beating the system. Most people who are able to evolve out of that state of mind end up leaving. Which is why you don't hear about many success stories out of the hood.
That's true... it is an ingrained mentality. More people should be speaking out about ownership and the benefits. I hunkered down for 8 years in an apartment with roommates to stack my chips and finally buy a place. Now I'm set for life (or as long as California doesn't run out of water.. that's another subject).

Can't tell you how many times I was close to getting bottle service/a shiny new car and fucking off my chances of getting a property. Took a lot of focus and long term thinking and THIS is what needs to be taught in school!

Apr 25, 2002
Yep.im the big guy with the long hair.i work with some of the kids in the neighborhood.there is a group home on the block so usually once a year I'll take one of the boys under my wing and work with strength training, self defense and helping them with school shit.i really think if all of us helped mentor one boy our neighborhoods would strengthen in a positive way.if any of y'all have a younger brother or kid in your hood who plays ball I teach strength training to a lot of pro ballers but I coach at risk kids for free
That's what's up
I stay up the block from your gym