How will E-40's album do in the first week?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Dec 9, 2005
The new single is very solid...and T-Pain is hot right now...so I'm hoping 75K+

With that said...

IF YOU'RE GOING TO BOOTLEG THE ALBUM...AT LEAST MAKE SURE YOU GO OUT AND BUY THE REAL ONE ON TUESDAY..THE WHOLE HYPHY MOVEMENT IS RIDING ON THIS RELEASE !!

Nov 3, 2004
soundscan said:
D4L (#1 video Bet, and Top 10 video MTV) did about 70k the first week with way more spins than E-40 and they're from the south. The Federation did 5k the first week on Virgin 20k total sales. Most recently The Franchize (tons of airplay)Boyz did 100k the first week(#1 Bet and Top 5 MTV). They also dropped 2 videos before the Album released. E-40 will do between 40k-50k the first week if he's lucky. He needs a smash follow-up to even touch 200k Total Sales. Be realistic. I know this Shit. I emailed Virgin before the Federation dropped and told them it was a flop(I could have saved them atleast 200k).

E-40> Federation <D4L<Da Franchize Boyz

???????>5k <70k<100k therefore

E-40<70k(D4L)<100k(Franchize Boyz) You get it fools?

This dude exposed him self for the hating ass - square bear ass lolipop he is...this is the same dude that made his first post acting like he witnessed Richie Rich check 40....look at his thread he started...now he sounding like a internet white collar sounscan geek in these posts....plus saying he emailed virgin to tell them to drop the Federation...but in his first post he actin like a street cat saying he should have taken a picture of Richie rich checking 40..never happend...parents need to watch their kids closer these days..quit letting play on computers...tell yer mamma to give u a hug and help her find u a hobby

Apr 18, 2005
I aint even knowin.. itz hard cuz u knw 40's got his haters outside of the bay.... & no one really felt him in other regions b4 the single. But then again, he's wit BME. U can tell BME is pushin hard wit this 1 cuz they knw the originality and creativity will sell.. And wit a lil jon name on it, it'll sell. Not takin anythin frm 40 cuz I'm koo witout a lil jon beat ona 40 trax. Jus tryin to have a "mainstream type of mentality" since were fukin wit it now. the hole westocast will be supportin, midwest, and south all be supportin. be surprised by the #s of NY sales. cuz i knw dj piemp wil be pushin for it over there so I say 80-90k MAYBE 100k first week and well over 200k after a while its been out.

Feb 16, 2006
lol some of u guys are real feminem getting mad at the dude soundscan, he lacing his opinion dont gotta cry if u aint agreeing. Fact of the matter is that 40 wont sell over 50k his first week, and if he reachs 50k IMO thats an accomplishment, because even though he got a buzz doesnt do anything if people dont go support him. And quit blaming the online leaks for projecting low record sales. This album was only leaked 6 days early and now days thats a real generous gift since its on a major label. Artsits like Ne-Yo whos album leaked two weeks plus in advance went on to sell 300k first week.
With this album 40 really focused on his target audience as you can tell from the similarites in each track so he got the west, south and maybe midwest regions on lock. But East is also a big market which a cd like this wont appeal to them and they will be satasifed wit the download.

Feb 5, 2006
dunham_all said:
album of the year! that shit slapz all the way through! maybe his best album yet!

ARE U SERIOUS? THERE WAS ONLY LIKE 2 GOOD SONGS, AND 1 OF THEM WAS TELL ME WHEN TO GO, I WAS DISSAPOINTED IN 40, MAYBE PEOPLE WAS JUST HYPIN IT UP TOO MUCH, BUT I WOULD HAVE THOUGHT HE WOULD HAVE PUT MORE EFFORT INTO THIS KNOWIN IT WOULD GET MORE PUBLICTY

May 17, 2004
MAC DRIZZA said:
thing iz, i doubt it matters if the nation iz loving forty right now....dey iz likin it, dey will buy....but i think the majority of the sells will be in the bay....he may sell 100, 000 in da bay alone, lol

maybe 100,000 in the bay wil dl and burn it

Nov 3, 2004
six filthy said:
lol some of u guys are real feminem getting mad at the dude soundscan, he lacing his opinion dont gotta cry if u aint agreeing. Fact of the matter is that 40 wont sell over 50k his first week, and if he reachs 50k IMO thats an accomplishment, because even though he got a buzz doesnt do anything if people dont go support him. And quit blaming the online leaks for projecting low record sales. This album was only leaked 6 days early and now days thats a real generous gift since its on a major label. Artsits like Ne-Yo whos album leaked two weeks plus in advance went on to sell 300k first week.
With this album 40 really focused on his target audience as you can tell from the similarites in each track so he got the west, south and maybe midwest regions on lock. But East is also a big market which a cd like this wont appeal to them and they will be satasifed wit the download.
i hope u not referring to me..cause i could care less about his opinion on whether 40 sells or not...my thing is this dude is fake and a hater..point blank...acting in a thread he started, like he was there with Richie Rich and 40, now hes on some other sideline shit " i emailed virgin that federation wouldnt sell".. which dude is he ??? ..and if u refering to me...pm me with anything else u want to opionate....100