how to do a HDR photo?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 15, 2002
Im not 100% sure how. From my understanding, u would take 3 pictures that are exactly the same. From each of those 2 pics, u would take the bright parts and the dark parts out. The 3 third pic would be left in its original form.

Feb 24, 2007
^^^thats not hdr...hdr truely can only be done on landscapes....Dave Hill's photos are more of a lighting technique than they are a digital processing technique like HDR is.

The only way to really get multiple exposures of the same image your camera has to do exposure bracketing. That means you actually take 3 pics of the same exact thing except the camera is changing the exposure values on each pic. A lot of people cheat and usually adjust the exposure in photoshop, but this isnt truly an hdr image because the data isnt really there.

But as far as Dave Hill, trust that his lighting is off the fucking meter and that is primarily how he gets his pics like that.

Nov 29, 2006
^^^thats not hdr...hdr truely can only be done on landscapes....Dave Hill's photos are more of a lighting technique than they are a digital processing technique like HDR is.

The only way to really get multiple exposures of the same image your camera has to do exposure bracketing. That means you actually take 3 pics of the same exact thing except the camera is changing the exposure values on each pic. A lot of people cheat and usually adjust the exposure in photoshop, but this isnt truly an hdr image because the data isnt really there.

But as far as Dave Hill, trust that his lighting is off the fucking meter and that is primarily how he gets his pics like that.
would u kno the technique he does with it? or somehow i could start doing work like that? i cant even get photos even lookin nice like that:ermm:

Feb 24, 2007
would u kno the technique he does with it? or somehow i could start doing work like that? i cant even get photos even lookin nice like that:ermm:
For one thing, Dave Hill uses top of the line equipment. $20,000 camera, ring flash, and about 8-12 strobes on a lot of his shots.

But if you want some answers about how to process to make your photos look like his, go here and buy the dvd's....But remember the key is great lighting from the start....shit photos are gonna be shit photos no matter what.

This guy also does a similar effect to Dave Hill, he actually goes to my school and has told me how to achieve the look myself...Just not my style..Check him out.

http://evanhuntphoto.com

BTW both of these are young guys like myself, 20-21.

Nov 29, 2006
For one thing, Dave Hill uses top of the line equipment. $20,000 camera, ring flash, and about 8-12 strobes on a lot of his shots.

But if you want some answers about how to process to make your photos look like his, go here and buy the dvd's....But remember the key is great lighting from the start....shit photos are gonna be shit photos no matter what.

This guy also does a similar effect to Dave Hill, he actually goes to my school and has told me how to achieve the look myself...Just not my style..Check him out.

http://evanhuntphoto.com

BTW both of these are young guys like myself, 20-21.

thanks brother..all u artist here are real down the earth mane..not on some crabs in a bucket shit.. im 23 alreadi so i better get on the hustle!!!

i guess a 20,000$ camera would help 2..i got a soni cibershot...mehh

Oct 30, 2005
thanks brother..all u artist here are real down the earth mane..not on some crabs in a bucket shit.. im 23 alreadi so i better get on the hustle!!!

i guess a 20,000$ camera would help 2..i got a soni cibershot...mehh
dont feel bad i took this shot from a fuji cam from walmart...with a lil photoshop help of course!! haha

Jun 25, 2005

Yeah the best lookin hdrs are landscapes imo
yea. you can can do hdr with ppl if they are a good models... but yet Dave hill is my fave photog. he off the chain.. go to work w/ him 1 times for like 3 hours. his lighting is crazy..
Actually they dont even have to be good...LOL. Alot of cameras have exposure bracketing settings where you can take multiple shots per sec with the different exposures.....

Jun 25, 2005
If your camera has AEB(auto exposure bracketing) you can select the 3 different exposures so when you take 3 shots they are set to those exposures.....and if you have continous shooting you can take tha 3 shots with just pressing tha shutter once....

Dont know if I'm confusin anybody cuz I was kinda confusin myself while typing...LOL