How much would you pay for a feature..?? how much should homeboys charge homeboys???

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 13, 2011
In all honesty I'm tired of seeing the same homeboys feature on every homeboy album (Tito B, Lil Coner, Etc.) My advice to homies in the rap game is do you or fuck with artists the crowd isn't fucking with i.e, Big Rhino, the homie Silent from Atlanta. New voices in this homeboy rap game.

Aug 20, 2003
In all honesty I'm tired of seeing the same homeboys feature on every homeboy album (Tito B, Lil Coner, Etc.) My advice to homies in the rap game is do you or fuck with artists the crowd isn't fucking with i.e, Big Rhino, the homie Silent from Atlanta. New voices in this homeboy rap game.
THEN YOUR GUNNA LOVE THE STRANGULATION 5 BRO.CAUSE RHINO IS GUNNA BE ON IT AND SILENT IS GUNNA BE ALL OVER IT.AND HE WAS ALL OVER MURDERER'S ROW.PICK IT UP IF YOU DONT GOT IT.ITS A HEATER....

Aug 20, 2003
And here I've been missing out on these perks. Makes me want to fuck up my organs. I can go around like "Hey homie, what up with a kidney? You got two, it's all good, I'm a homie."

That's how it works, right?
I VE BEEN MEANING TO REMIND YOU BRO WHEN I HEAD OUT THERE 2 GET PT 5 MASTERED IM GUNNA NEED PART OF YOUR LIVER.MINES SHOT N YOU'D KNOW ID DO THE SAME 4 YOU BRO.DONT TRIP MY RIGHT LUNG IS STILL GOOD IF YOU NEED IT.LOL BUT REALLY THOUGH...............

May 16, 2002
I'm not a Homie, but which one of you Homeboys eat & eat, but can't gain weight? I mean, say your trying to get your swole on, but can't gain enough to bulk up & start the process.

For a simple Intro, or 8 to 16 bars I'm willing to solve your problem. I'm willing to give you some of my fat. And look at it this way, if you don't work out and just turn out to be another fat dude, do as I do...... tell em' your eating good off the rap game.

I got plenty to give away fuckers, so please let's not start fighting. It's like money, there is plenty for everybody.

:cheeky:

May 2, 2009
WHO SAID ANYTHING ABOUT FREE SHIT? WE TALKING ABOUT THE CERTAIN HOMEBOY RAPPERS WHO CHARGE A RACK FOR A VERSE LIKE MR. ILLMANNARED MENTIONED.

May 16, 2002
Spread? As in food right? I want in!

I don't care if we combine chips to make tamales like in the Monterey County Jail LOL!

Mr G

Drunk Pot-Head
Apr 4, 2007
Las Vegas
So 50 seconds of recorded wordplay is all of all sudden worth an organ transplant or a Oz of Work? Hahaha wow... we know there can be a divided
over head cost per gram and know what vitality depends on.... So i guess some of em must be renting vocabulary.... How much is each word goin 4 these days? Lmao..... Yeah this is retarded because its only opinion and both side have presented arguements that mirror stupidity...carry on tho gentlemen.... We all know everybody who claims to be a "homie" might not be worthy of the cause...or dont know the cause... Or simply only consider there own personal agenda...live in the game n see how it goes..... Then u might not be shocked when ur favorite rappper dont uphold our policyz...

Mr G

Drunk Pot-Head
Apr 4, 2007
Las Vegas
So 50 seconds of recorded wordplay is all of all sudden worth an organ transplant or a Oz of Work? Hahaha wow... we know there can be a divided
over head cost per gram and know what vitality depends on.... So i guess some of em must be renting vocabulary.... How much is each word goin 4 these days? Lmao..... Yeah this is retarded because its only opinion and both side have presented arguements that mirror stupidity...carry on tho gentlemen.... We all know everybody who claims to be a "homie" might not be worthy of the cause...or dont know the cause... Or simply only consider there own personal agenda...live in the game n see how it goes..... Then u might not be shocked when ur favorite rappper dont uphold our policyz...

Oct 20, 2003
SOMETIMES THAT SMALL INVESTMENT IS WORTH THE $$$$. IT SHOWS HOW SERIOUS YOU ARE ABOUT YOUR PROJECT. IT TAKES MONEY TO MAKE MONEY, JUST LIKE IN ANY BUSINESS. THATS HOW THIS LIL INDUSTRY JUDGES YOU. GOOD GRAPHICS, GOOD BEATS, GOOD RECORDING QUILITY AND MIXING AND OF COARSE GOOD DELIVERY. MOST OF THAT COST $$$$. SO IN MY OPINION, THE NEW ARTIST THAT ARE TRYIN TO WHEEL AND DEAL EVERYTHING AND CUT COST BECAUSE THEY ARE TOO PRIDEFUL TO PAY FOR WHAT THEY WANT, WILL ONLY GET SO FAR IN THIS BUSINESS...... PRIME EXAMPLE, WHEN I WAS DOIN FEATURES. THE HANDFORD HOMIES, YOUNG J AND PEEPS MONTANA REACHED OUT AND OFFERED SOMETHIN DECENT AND APPRECIATED WHAT THEY GOT. THAT TRACK WE DID AND LIL VIDEO REACHED 120,000 PLUS VEIWS ON YOU TUBE. SMART MOVE IN MY OPINION. WEATHER YOU LIKE THE SONG OR NOT, THATS ALOT OF PEOPLE THAT CAUGHT WIND OF THEM. I HAVE NO PROBLEM DISHING OUT MONEY FOR MY PROJECTS IF ITS GONNA BE BENIFICIAL IN A BUSINESS ASPECT.

Apr 20, 2008
YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR.
plain and simple.
if you pay $5 for a dub of weed dont expect it to be fire.
if you lowball artists for verses and shit, dont expect it to be their best work.

ive seen fools get cashed out and drop fire.
ive also seen fools get lowballed and not even try on the track.
just deliver some half ass bullshit.

so yea

May 16, 2002
YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR.
plain and simple.
if you pay $5 for a dub of weed dont expect it to be fire.
if you lowball artists for verses and shit, dont expect it to be their best work.

ive seen fools get cashed out and drop fire.
ive also seen fools get lowballed and not even try on the track.
just deliver some half ass bullshit.

so yea
I disagree on the simple fact that if approach it strictly as an artist (is where I believe your mind should be at in that moment.) If an artist is seriously not happy in what he's getting out of the deal he should not even step up to the mic period.

He'll be hurting himself & doing the other artist dirty by simply not giving a shit and saying anything on a track. Not professional and seriously not a good business move.

If any artist is wanting to be paid for a verse & not getting what he wants, he should either not do it, or if he agrees to do it for the low low price he should deliver at his highest potential regardless.

This is what I mean by too many people doing half ass shit. If the money is half ass, the lyrics are half ass and the whole project ends up be half ass etc.

In the end, it hurts us all independents in the game.

Too many people focused on the fast buck rather than delivering quality.

Jun 12, 2004
deepsleeprecords.com
So to the people that think homies shouldn't charge, I present you this scenario.

When you get known enough, you're going to get a decent amount of requests for verses. Some of your options are:

1. Blow people off. And then you'll have people crticizing you and making threads on siccness.net saying you think you're the shit and too good for homies.

2. You fill in all your verse requests and have little time to work on your personal projects.

3. Charge, so that you need to fill in less requests and you can put in your time on your projects.

And @Smokielocs, that's cool and all. When you slide through, sign your car over and leave me all your cd's. It's all good, don't trip, I'm a homie.

My point with that was (it was a parody, by the way. Not serious), where does the line get drawn with what you should get for free when playing the homie card? If it only applies to verses, well, that's pretty convenient for some of, isn't it?

May 16, 2002
Hypothetically speaking, would some of you pay known established artist five to ten thousand dollars for a verse?

Probably not, because you know deep down inside your not going to get them in your studio. They're too busy touring or traveling around the world etc.

Yet, somebody who simply has a buzz and is a local celebrity within a region is a lot easier to get a hold of & network with, but now we've reached a point where the prices are outrageous at times & I think that is the argument for the most part.

Again, if that artist wishes to be paid, fine. It's up to each his / her own if they are willing to pay, but understand that just because some artist are getting paid for features, doesn't mean they are a star, or any closer to blowing up.

I look at it like, I couldn't afford to pay an established artist five to ten thousand dollars & if I was to pay any artist with a regional buzz, I would, first have to be a die hard fan. That and just like anybody who refers to themselves as hustlas etc. I'm going to negotiate with that artist to get him or her for a lower price and keep everybody happy at the same time.

It goes both ways, cause I'd be looked at as a sucka if I quickly dished out cash without trying to negotiate first. It's in the rules of the game. It happens in the business world daily. And I wouldn't want that artist to walk away thinking that about me and making my area look like we're all punk's out here who just pay without question. There has to be a mutual respect before anything.

And if we can't come to an agreement, then let it go & keep it movin' with no feelings brought into it. Just like walking in a store when your broke. You got four options, come back when you got the money, steal it, wait to find it cheaper elsewhere or just keep walking.