How many of yall rappers...

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Dec 6, 2005
skumberg said:
You gots to multitask out here. You cant do just rap. How many rappers you thing only rap for money?? You gotta rap, own label, hustle, produce, put out DVD's, start your own busines, sell real estate... you gotta have your hands in several things. People I know make money to invest in bigger things to make more money. The only way to make is an everyday task of being on the stepping machine.
real shit. "rappers" are taking too much for granted

Feb 27, 2005
mobblyfe said:
DAMN IT MUST BE HELLA WEAK TO HAVE TO GO TO WORK AND BE A RAPPER WELL JUS STARTIN OFF IS COO BUT AFTER THE 3RD ALBUM ATLEAST FUCK WORKING CUZ I KNOW YALL GOOD 4 AT LEAST 20 RACKS OF AN ALBUM MOST NIGGAS I KNOW DONT MAKE THAT AT WORK OR HUSTLIN THEY ALL STRUGGLIN

if you ain't getting paid in full after your third album, then stick to working like the average man, lol

Feb 8, 2004
www.youtube.com
I spend 100% of my time in my rap world.Last 9 to 5 job I had was in 2000.I stay broke a good percentage of the time.I never have money to spend...Well,sometimes I do but nothin that keeps my pockets padded.I smoke weed daily...rarely buy weed...and I always have new clothes and jewelry.Don't ask how.I campaign who I be 24/7 online and in the streets.I do shows all the time and the studios i record in are always free.Im not talkin about garage studios either.I persist and persist with my music....pushin my shit in every direction.By not having a 9 to 5 I sacrafice a weekly or bi-weekly paycheck and money I could use to help promote myself.If I had a 9 to 5 right now I couldent do all the shows i do or have the time to promote myself during the hours i need to do that.My musical life dont take backseat to a 9 to 5 ever.........Sometimes I cant do shit cuz i aint got the money.The feedback I get from my music,the reaction from folx when they hear my spit,the disbelief of my family and friends when they hear the quality of my songs and the feeling i get when i know for a fact that nobody is gassin me up and blowin smoke up my ass feel me....thats all worth the sacrafice of havin no money at times........I would of quit this along time ago If I didnt get closer to my goals....But I am getting closer so everything will turn out the way i want it....

May 2, 2002
real talk....i've been workin full time since i was 16 yrs old. spent 6 yrs at one job and then 4 years at another...i was payin bills and was able to live with my wife and kids on our own since i was 19 yrs old. then rappin came along, i wasn't tryin to make a living off of it though..just doin it cause i like the shit. then when i'm about to release my 4th album BAM! i lose my job and i'm now forced to look at rappin to pay the bills. i've been unemployed for the last year cause bodyshops ain't hiring painters for shit right now. I've had to resort to hustlin cds and the occasional side paint job here n there to support a wife, 3 kids, car note, rent payment, and all my bills. rappin has kept me afloat for this past year but it's fucken hard. I ain't pushin units like these big name cats but i'm pushin enough to keep the roof over my families heads feel me. and in the bay we all know that's hard as fuck to do! so speakin for myself as soon as i get a job lined up i'm gettin back to that 9-5 cause at least back then my pockets were full and i was doin this rap shit for fun.

Jan 23, 2003
damn interesting shit yall let me restate my post whut i mean is if u make the same amount of money off rap that u can make from an average 9to5 then fuck working but if u make more money at your job then keep punching the clock

Mr Ceza

Xplosive Magazine
Jul 10, 2002
Real shit Big Oso Loc and Boogie The Mann. I am now currently doing XPLOSIVE MAGAZINE now full time-NO 9-5 anymore. I aint got no $$$. Even when I was married and had a great job, had 2 new cars, townhouse, furniture, etc. I was still broke, didn't have no $$ in my pocket, so fuck it!!! Who needs some ad space in XPLOSIVE MAGAZINE???? Ha Ha