HOW MANY BAY ARTISTS ACTUALLY GIVE BACK TO THE COMMUNITY?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jul 22, 2005
How many of you actually give back to the community? Do you do toy drives like San Jose's Playa Rae? Do you sponsor any youth teams like Uncle Luke? Let it be known if you do!! If you don't you should!!!

DJ Mark 7

djmark7.com
Jul 18, 1977
www.djmark7.com
YoungBay said:
lol them niggaz is broke they cant even afford to give back to they families. hopefully soon when the bay blow up they gon be makin real money

This cat hit the nail on the head...Big ups to cats like Playa Rae that do shit but alot of cats either have a 9-5 or grind just to stay fed THEMSELVES lol

Nov 16, 2005
i remember like e-a-ski, keak, e-40, frontline?? and some others were at the oakland colisseum after hurricane katrina tryna help raise money for relief efforts... but everyone did that, and it ain't really OUR bay area community.. it was still good seeing them coming out to help though.

haha remember mc hammer back in the day? didn't he bankrupt himself by trying so hard to help oakland folks get off their feet??

Dec 3, 2004
www.ap9online.com
thizz has been active in the community and was also donated clothes to katrina victims, playa rae is down for the kids with his toy drive, e-0 has been active with the kids with football and baseball leagues.

a lot of our bay area rappers really aint paid to where they can donate large ammounts of cash, but many of them are in positions to help various charities with free performances and things of that nature.

Apr 25, 2002
WWW.ASSASSINMUSIC.COM
MISTAH FAB has contacted me in the past to donate my time to the education of BERKELEY COLLEGE where his close friend teaches at and speak to the students about and of working with TUPAC SHAKUR in my past at there very own TUPAC SHAKUR class.I have donated my time and knowledge and gave the classes over 1,000 FREE CDS and MAGAZINE's ....THANX TO MISTAH FAB for reaching out to me and will continue to visit the college for the years to come!

NASA

Sicc OG
Feb 5, 2003
760 Northside said:
Does it count if they on probation and have to do community service? lol
lol....that's probably the closest most cats come to giving back. They'd rather spend their money on chains.