How does the south have more influence on the bay than LA does?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Dec 6, 2006
Most of dese youngstas look,talk and act like dey from the south.Bay niggas all of a sudden wanna be from the south and bump anything that comes out the south.As far as hiphop goes the bay was never really influenced by any other region as far as NY and LA goes but when the south took over all of a sudden its a must to have a grill in ya mouth and shit like dat.I always thought if the bay ever bit any other area style it would be the 1 closest to us like LA.

Jan 1, 2006
Bay style and ATL livin' are pretty much the same IMO.

Car wise and everything else... I think we try to be distinctive here in the Bay but people have fam out here and vice versa so everything is coo.

The south been had grills way before the Bay, you must be a youngn

Dec 6, 2006
The Visualizer said:
Bay style and ATL livin' are pretty much the same IMO.

Car wise and everything else... I think we try to be distinctive here in the Bay but people have fam out here and vice versa so everything is coo.

The south been had grills way before the Bay, you must be a youngn
Im in my early 20's.Read what i said again.Of course the south always had grills but the bay didnt.When Cashmoney took over is when grills and 20 inch rims really took off in the bay.Look at all the bay rappers before and after cashmoney took off and u will see what i mean.Lil Wayne has more influence on the bay than anybody does besides Mac Dre.And i love the bay 2 death but we have 2 keep it honest with ourselves.

Dec 6, 2006
ROPA said:
You niggas sound dumb as fuck,hollin that Down South shit,i'm in my early 20's too nigga,bes belive niggas in tha South wasn't the only ones with golds in they mouth,i know what he talking bout how when Cash Money came out the "fad" took off,not true,that shit took off for our generation,niggas in the early 90's been had grill,"gold ones" as you say,Too $hort was talking bout Dubs on the S600 with the T.V in the dash on "Rappers Ball" in 95-96,you niggas must not travel it's the same everywhere u go,just different envirments.And yea,Bay niggas don't fuck with Hip-Hop,that shit gay to us.
I dont care about what Too Short was rappin bout in 95-96 im sayin i didnt start seein every nigga wit dubbs and a grill until cashmoney blew up.U and i both know that that trend started with cashmoney.Before 98 niggas was ridin on daytons.After Cashmoney blew up gold daytons became a LA thang.Its just the truth.Niggas can deny it all they want.It was niggas with dreds in the bay before Wayne started growing his but it wasnt how it is now where the majority of niggas got dreds.We have 2 be real with ourselves.Bay niggas wanna be from the south.Trash like "Ay bay bay" only gets play because its from a south artist.A bay nigga couldnt get away wit no shit like dat.Look at the lack of buzz federation got.Gucci Mane last album was independent but it still gets more play in the bay than damn near every bay album.

fillyacup

Rest In Free SoCo
Sep 27, 2004
i heard lowridin started in the bay....real talk, not jokin....can someone confirm or deny it?

also, northerners, brown, black or white or whatever usually dont take style points from southern la....been that way

Quick

May 6, 2002
Yay Area, CA
Beasty said:
I dont care about what Too Short was rappin bout in 95-96 im sayin i didnt start seein every nigga wit dubbs and a grill until cashmoney blew up.U and i both know that that trend started with cashmoney.Before 98 niggas was ridin on daytons.After Cashmoney blew up gold daytons became a LA thang.Its just the truth.Niggas can deny it all they want..
People in the bay were riding on rims before cash money. You act like riding on big rims is a bay thing thats everyone knows the bay for. But when did cash money start swinging their cars in their videos? After they came to the bay.

Beasty said:
It was niggas with dreds in the bay before Wayne started growing his but it wasnt how it is now where the majority of niggas got dreds.We have 2 be real with ourselves.Bay niggas wanna be from the south..
Are you serious? So you really think people in the bay are copying Lil wayne because he just now has dreads? Look at the carter 1 cover, do you see dreads? I dont think so.

Beasty said:
Trash like "Ay bay bay" only gets play because its from a south artist.A bay nigga couldnt get away wit no shit like dat..Look at the lack of buzz federation got..
The difference is money. More money is being put up to promote these artist in the south.

Beasty said:
Gucci Mane last album was independent but it still gets more play in the bay than damn near every bay album.
L O L.......Gucci mane is not that big in the bay. Quit talking out of your ass.

Quick

May 6, 2002
Yay Area, CA
Anaheim*Rob said:
I guess I misunderstood, I always thought ridin Daytons was an LA thing from the jump.
Damn. He is saying that people in the bay area abandon the idea of ridin on dayton and then from there on out claim that it was always an LA thing. No one is trying to argue you did it first. he just trying to talk shit.

May 30, 2006
fillyacup said:
i heard lowridin started in the bay....real talk, not jokin....can someone confirm or deny it?

also, northerners, brown, black or white or whatever usually dont take style points from southern la....been that way
Low riding started in N.Cali. I don't know if it started in the Bay but it did start in N.Cali. The Southern Mexicans get ALL of the credit 4 low riding but that shit did in a fact start up here in N.Cali with the northern Mexicans.

Nov 7, 2005
fillyacup said:
Depends on who you ask. Northern Cali people will say up north, SoCal people will say the south. People from El Paso, TX will say EP and some will even say New Mexico. I know some people that will say the Barris brothers that came to LA from Chicago started it. I don't know for sure, but the majority of lowrider history articles will point to East LA. I think it was the book put out by Lowrider magazine that points to the Chevy bombs being modified in East LA in the late 30's to early 40's as being the first lowriders.

Apr 7, 2006
Old bay = Ralleys, Zeniths, triple gold D's or if you wuz commin Euro widdit might slide thru on sum momo's

now Rich Boy talkin' bout throw sum D's on it while sportin' locs... erything come 360...

Brothas sportin dreds back in the day out here were more likely on some Hieroglyphics shit than anything....

Now there's Crips n Bloods on the East Coast, the best selling new artists from LA sound like East Coast rappers...

The world is getting smaller by the minute and the nationwide identity crisis is spreading rampant... god save us all

BASEDVATO

Judo Chop ur Spirit
May 8, 2002
No one from the bay be copyen no stale la shit... Be caught dead in creased khaki and some chucks...

But I do where chucks... Just not with a la swag