How do...

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jun 22, 2007
Talentless motherfuckers like Soulja Boy, Party Boyz, etc.....get record deals in the first place? This isn't a thread to hate on all the garbage, I'm just truly wondering how they get record deals, while talented rappers don't. It confuses me, especially when Im having a conversation with a moron who says "Well if they have no talent, how did they get a record deal?" I don't know what to say to them.

fillyacup

Rest In Free SoCo
Sep 27, 2004
honestly, that shit is hot in highschool and to them 90 baby youngsters. someone seen that shit and was smart to capitalize. flood the market with it and bam cashola. shouldnt no grown ass man be doing that shit though

1God

Sicc OG
Feb 9, 2010
Most shitty rappers on the radio were born in the 80s. But it has nothing to do with age. It's just the current trend. Disco is coming back, except like 20 times more dumbed down. It's goddamn Southern Rap*. It ruined it all. At first, a 15 year old rapping about spinners was cute, but now it's the motherfucking trend.

* That was a bold statement, yes, but when's the last time your heard hot shit from the South (without getting technical)? Anything after 2004, no thanks.

Sep 17, 2007
BECAUSE THEY'LL DO AND SAY ANYTHING THE LABELS TELL THEM TO DO FOR MONEY. THEY GOT THEIR HAND SO FAR UP THEIR ASS THEY MOVE THEIR MOUTH LIKE A PUPPET.

Mar 15, 2009
I believe it is the youngsters who chose that. If Soulja Boy wasn't already popular on his own he would have never gotten noticed. But let's get real, there is PLENTY of raw young talent out there nowdays, let's not act like what is on the mainstream is all there is.

Apr 20, 2005
its fun music. if kids wanna learn something theyll read or go to school. not too many artists out there that will actually teach u something. MC's with lyrical miracles wont teach u shit. we need another 2pac or Public Enemy

Palmer

RIP SouthernComfort
Apr 10, 2006
SEAHAWKS!!!
It confuses me, especially when Im having a conversation with a moron who says "Well if they have no talent, how did they get a record deal?" I don't know what to say to them.
What's worse is when people tell you you're an idiot because you're talking about somebody that's actually talented and they say some shit like "if he's so good, how come I've never heard of him?" then they start saying you have shitty taste in music. I've gotten to the point where I don't talk to anybody about music unless I know they have good taste, or actually give a shit. Trying to talk about quality music to someone that is perfectly content with turning on the radio and buying whatever they hear is a waste of time.

Apr 7, 2004
THEM CATS GOT HOT VIA INTERNET,AND THERE HOME TOWNS AND THEN THE REPS CAME LOOKING.. YOU CAN BE THE WORST RAPPER OR BEST RAPPER IF YOU HAVE A BIG ENOUGH BUZ THE REPS WILL COME A KNOCKING TRYING TO MAKE SOME MONEY.. THEY DON'T SEE TALENT THEY SEE A COME UP.

Jan 9, 2009
Talentless motherfuckers like Soulja Boy, Party Boyz, etc.....get record deals in the first place? This isn't a thread to hate on all the garbage, I'm just truly wondering how they get record deals, while talented rappers don't. It confuses me, especially when Im having a conversation with a moron who says "Well if they have no talent, how did they get a record deal?" I don't know what to say to them.
1. get the strip clubs to pay attention
2. get the club dj's to pay attention

basically all it takes is a good single with a driving beat and a catchy hook.
if bitches want to hear your song when they are drunk you win!

and as far as being talentless or whatever, youre missing the point.
they aint tryin to be super emcees, they trying to get paid.

i <3 the south. i wish the west could wake up and do the same shit.

T.C

Sicc OG
Jul 22, 2003
The reason these Soulja Boy, Party Boyz etc. can get record deals is:
1.These artists have a new sound that is radio and club friendly
2.A lot of these artist have blown up on social networking sites before they were signed or at least had some kind of buzz (which means less money spent on marketing)
3.A lot of these new artists are making their own beats (which also saves the record company money)

Apr 20, 2005
1. get the strip clubs to pay attention
2. get the club dj's to pay attention

basically all it takes is a good single with a driving beat and a catchy hook.
if bitches want to hear your song when they are drunk you win!

and as far as being talentless or whatever, youre missing the point.
they aint tryin to be super emcees, they trying to get paid.

i <3 the south. i wish the west could wake up and do the same shit.
some dudes from the west r doin it right? talkin about diamonds and trappin and swaggin. The west got that dougie shit on the radio