how do you organize your brushes, and other presets?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jun 2, 2002
how do you guys do it?

I just download a set of like, i dont even know how many brushes, easily over 500 brushes. They are separated into files which contain between 5-20 brushes and when i double click they load into PS. you guys obviously know what im talking about.

The problem is, i loaded them all and the brush menu goes super slow, and its hard to find and organize them this way. How do you guys organize your brushes, textures, and other presets? Do you load them all? or do you use a separate program to organize them, or what do you do?

Mar 17, 2007
depending on wether u have a mac or pc makes a difference. a gig of ram on a pc is like the equivelent of 256mb on a mac. also...it may be hard and very, very time consuming....but recreate each brush you have and save them in new sets....like recreate all your grunge brushes and them save them all in a new brush set (hope that makes since)

Mar 17, 2007
also...instead of recreating your brushes....do this:

open up a set of brushes (lets use grunge brushes as an example)
then open up another set of grunge brushes
when it asks if you would like to replace, cancel or append these brushes
click append...this will add the brushes your opening to the original set
then when u get done, save the brushes as a new set and delete all the sets u used to make that one

see if that helps u out a little