How do KC fools trip?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 1, 2002
userwww.sfsu.edu
Someone mentioned on here that KC was one of the top twenty most dangerous cities to live in. I was wondering what fools trip on, as I might be relocating there from Oakland. I am aware of how to be safe out here, but not there. Do fools trip on neighborhoods, colors, hoes, or what? Local feedback is appreciated.

Aug 26, 2002
WWW.YABITCHDONEME.COM

for real.......
its like this...

if you show that you are weak......they take advantage......

if try to act "hard"....you get yo ass mobbed!!!

just be yourself homie....
you could probly get better details if you tell what nieborhood you are looking to move toward!

Aug 26, 2002
KC did seem dangerous to me.........but I was in quite lil Olathe

but my nieces stay off Longview and it still does not seem dangerous

yall streets fuck me up tho , how they are all numbers............

May 2, 2002
I live in the Northland, and not much of anything happens out this way as far as crime. Its pretty much country. Ya got your fights every now and again, but other than that, nothin' really happens.
Chances are if the cops see a large gatherin' of people, they'll come thru and break it up. That usually happens on weekends though.

Aug 1, 2002
userwww.sfsu.edu
Doesn't sound that bad. In Oakland we got these fools bankin on old men for their money. SHot a dude as he is commin out of the laundrymat cause he wouldn't give up his walet. Then as his wife watched him get shot, she screams, and dude starts bustin at her. A couple just moved out here from Oregon. Someone broke into their appartment at night and capped them for some loot. Fools are trippin on innocent folks out here, and Im just hoping KC folks got some morals. Its one thing to be in the game and know what you are in for. But man, fools are goin crazy out here. Im guessin there is some correlation with the economy.

Jan 20, 2003
www.evildooinz.com
its just like any other main city,you got your streets and shit that you dont want to be on at certain times,12th st. mainly.but yeah for real if you show you weak then they get your ass and if you show your a bad ass then they get you.you just gotta keep to your self sometimes.BUT MANE THE HAUNTED HOUSES ARE BANANAS.lol

Jul 7, 2002
Yeah...KC can get rough, but troublr doesn't usually find you if ya know what I mean. If you just be yourself you'll be cool.

And like any city its hard to say without knowing where you are going. KC has many bad parts and many very nice parts (one of the surrounding counties is one of the richest in the nation) so it all depends.

Aug 1, 2002
userwww.sfsu.edu
Im talkin bout Hyde Park or Brookside area Between Troost and Oak From the 30s to the 70s (KC, MO). But now, Im glad trouble doesn't find you.
Where I grew up, Oakland, we say "what's up, blood." "Blood" meaning like "dude." When I went to college in Oregon, fools were trippin on me sayin "Blood." I knew they were a bunch of marks trying to get up on a Los Angeles cultural form, but still it opened up my consciousness that some areas are sensitive about certain things. I just don't want to set anone off up there.
Peace to all yall for replying. And more input is appreciated.

Aug 1, 2002
userwww.sfsu.edu
Alright, lets continue this thread with a subtopic.
If you have had or heard of a violent experience in Kansas City that wasn't provoked, can you explain it? I am trying to get insiders' perspectives on the violence in their city.

Nov 7, 2002
Home Sweet Home

Damn, we a popular city. Who woulda' known?

I got some unprovoked violence from this morning.
My girl was on the bus this morning and she said that the bus was pretty empty and nobody was sayin' shit then all the sudden this black dude walks up on this slow (one bottle short of a six pack) white dude and starts telling him he's sick of him talkin shit and comences to beating his ass
right on the bus. So much blood, everybody had to switch buses. For no reason.

And it was the Country Club bus at that. Now that shit was unprovoked, he was probably a smoker.

~Heaven

Nov 7, 2002
Home Sweet Home

Damn, we a popular city. Who woulda' known?

I got some unprovoked violence from this morning.
My girl was on the bus this morning and she said that the bus was pretty empty and nobody was sayin' shit then all the sudden this black dude walks up on this slow (one bottle short of a six pack) white dude and starts telling him he's sick of him talkin shit and comences to beating his ass
right on the bus. So much blood, everybody had to switch buses. For no reason.

And it was the Country Club bus at that. Now that shit was unprovoked, he was probably a smoker.

~Heaven