how did you get your job?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 16, 2003
google.com
Submitted a resume, with follow up emails without bugging too much. Took about a month to get it but it was worth it.

Kids out there:

Step your resume game up. Like Gas said about misspelled items, you will look stupid and often your resume will be discarded.

When applying for a job, and you notice that the workers are dressed in business attire, do not show up in jeans and a t-shirt to drop off your resume, to fill out an application OR TO GET INTERVIEWED. In fact, the only job you MIGHT get hired wearing jeans and your t-shirt will probably be McDonalds or Kmart.

All this monkeying around typing like a fucking retard with a fixation to use dollar signs for the letter S will get you mad posts on the sicc, but won't do shit for you off of your families home computer.

May 1, 2003
Want ads! Been here 10 years in may! Came in for the interview, got hired and didn't show up for the job orientation. I was on one then...lol. Got a call about a month later asking me if I still needed a job. Shocked the hell outta me. Since I didn't show up for orientation. Showed up and my Ford Taurus blew a head gasket the same day. Been here ever since.

MKB

Sicc OG
Dec 19, 2002
I got my job by applying online and faxing over my resume and cover letter. If you are in college go to the career fairs and bring a stack of resumes, talk to as many people as you can and try to make a good impression. I am kind of quiet and shy but I forced myself to go to one of the career fairs and handed out at least 15 resumes and talked to a lot of people. I also applied to jobs through the career center online and on craigslist. The key is that these people get a ton of resumes but you need to include a good cover letter that is customized for each company you are applying to. If you haven't heard from a company you can follow up with an email or phone call to confirm that they received your resume. If you do get an interview you should follow it up with a thank you letter so that you can let them know you are still interested in the position.

When I interviewed for my current job I waited a while and sent out thank you letters to the 3 people that interviewed me because I hadn't heard from them. The next day I got a call saying they were going to give me a conditional offer. I interviewed with at least 7 different companies and was offered 2 jobs. You just have to be willing to put in the work because finding a job is like having a full time job.

Oct 16, 2004
Submitted a resume, with follow up emails without bugging too much. Took about a month to get it but it was worth it.

Kids out there:

Step your resume game up. Like Gas said about misspelled items, you will look stupid and often your resume will be discarded.

When applying for a job, and you notice that the workers are dressed in business attire, do not show up in jeans and a t-shirt to drop off your resume, to fill out an application OR TO GET INTERVIEWED. In fact, the only job you MIGHT get hired wearing jeans and your t-shirt will probably be McDonalds or Kmart.

All this monkeying around typing like a fucking retard with a fixation to use dollar signs for the letter S will get you mad posts on the sicc, but won't do shit for you off of your families home computer.

alot of places put resumes through a scanner programed to pick up key words that apply to the job needing to be filled. so build your resume for that specific job. also cover letters and follow up letters are a must.

Feb 10, 2008
I manage a gas station its just me and a part time worker ...... the pays alright i get 220 quid a week around 321 dollars.( not including money from the job centre hahaha )

i got the job from my uncle who owns another gas station . his in charge of that place which is much bigger where as im in charge of the smaller station