How come Zion I didnt get any nominations for B.A.R.S.?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 22, 2005
Did their album come out after the deadline or something? They are some really tight Bay artists and most the artists nominated are more gansta/mob type rap but we all know that aint just what the Bay is all about.Its still tight to have this event I was just wondering why a tight ass album like True and Livin didnt get recognized.Hopefully the next B.A.R.S. there will be all aspects of this Bay Area rap scene,this is def gonna be a tight event tho.

May 31, 2005
yea see, thats why i made that thread about the bay seeming to be divided and shit

maybe True & Livin did come out too late, i cant remember the exact release date but still, theres more bay artist who shoulda been nominated

Apr 18, 2005
^yeah i think everyone knowz there shoulda been more nominee's for it but this is the 1st bars award show. shit im happy theyre even havin one. jus like everything else, im sure it'll only get bigger and better every year. there shoulda been alot more catagories wif alot more bay catz in it but im sure it'll be a koo show.

Jul 29, 2004
Thats because they nominated the few that were gettin some radio play this year. Or the few that are just popular bay artists who were do for their proper recognition. In other words, we are divided like fuck and its a sad thing. When some real cats who are true fans of Bay Hip Hop put on an award show, everybody'll shine. If you leave it to the DJ's and fans of one aspect of Bay music then this is what you'll get everytime. One love to Hiero,Zion,Z-Man and ,Rasco and Asia

May 31, 2005
AWolfPromotions said:
Thats because they nominated the few that were gettin some radio play this year. Or the few that are just popular bay artists who were do for their proper recognition. In other words, we are divided like fuck and its a sad thing. When some real cats who are true fans of Bay Hip Hop put on an award show, everybody'll shine. If you leave it to the DJ's and fans of one aspect of Bay music then this is what you'll get everytime. One love to Hiero,Zion,Z-Man and ,Rasco and Asia
good point but not all djs! i play all bay shit from zion i to the hoodstarz, i know wutchu mean though

Apr 22, 2005
KillaKali said:
^yeah i think everyone knowz there shoulda been more nominee's for it but this is the 1st bars award show. shit im happy theyre even havin one. jus like everything else, im sure it'll only get bigger and better every year. there shoulda been alot more catagories wif alot more bay catz in it but im sure it'll be a koo show.

I hear what you sayin but how the funk did UDI get nominated for somethin and not Zion? LOL I aint heard shit from them in a minute.I may not be up on their new shit or somethin but wtfeezzy lol UDI got nominated and no Hiero,Zion,Quannum stuff? I know its a new thing and thats tight but I mean,there aint NONE of these type artists at these awards and these artists arent small names,they make alot of noise nationally and internationally even if it is on an underground level,they make good music.Like I said tho,I hope next awards they can work out the little mistakes like this cuz if we want to be heard we gotta be heard from all perspectives of this Bay rap yadada?

Jul 29, 2004
Dont get me wrong..the award show is a good thing and I know its not all DJ's. We are moving in the right direction but we are still ignoring Hip Hop. The bay is known for pushing certain types of its music. We all know that. But when will it stop? thats the question. Props to everyone nominated cuz they deserve it. The funny thing is, the important cats we are talking about who arent nominated dont even give a fuck. Hiero is the biggest in and out the bay, Zion has a huge fan base, Z-man is doing shows from LA TO ARGENTINA, RASCO is an independent genius,Asia went from Fresno to the Wake up show to interscope and the list goes on....

wolf

REL

Jul 9, 2005
Al Boo Boo said:
Did their album come out after the deadline or something? They are some really tight Bay artists and most the artists nominated .....
i think the real quetion is,, do the people throwing this show know who these other artists are? and what is thier true intentions of having a show like this?

Apr 22, 2005
REL said:
i think the real quetion is,, do the people throwing this show know who these other artists are? and what is thier true intentions of having a show like this?
true true, I mean the shit just came out of nowhere.It sucks asking these questions cuz folks gonna get the wrong idea and say "why when something big happens for us folks wanna hate?" Really tho,I'm askin cuz I love the Bay and the question you askin is a good one.I mean I'm all for The Bay to get on some new shit and growin but if its some outside folks that aint reall up on everything out here we gotta question it.But its a little too late,I guess we gotta wait to see what happens.

REL what it do tho mane,I got several of my cuzzins stayin up late watchin the show now lol They diggin it too

REL

Jul 9, 2005
Al Boo Boo said:
REL what it do tho mane,I got several of my cuzzins stayin up late watchin the show now lol They diggin it too
appriciate it homie.. we tryin to do it even bigger next season. i'll be posting updates here