How can you be eligible for the rookie of the year????? (In baseball)

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 8, 2002
This maybe a stupid question but can you win the rookie of the year if you had played in part of the season the year before. Like if you get called up for awhile in september, then the next year you play a whole year are you eligable?

May 8, 2002
i think but i am not sure. but i think it is if a player has less than 100 at bats before the seaon in which he is playing full time then he is eligable for Rookie status.

another words if he gets called up for 10 games in september. the following year if he starts the seaon in the bigs he still has "rookie" status. but if that keeps happening for a couple years and he passes the 100 at-bats then he is no longer eligible for "rookie status.

now i am not sure on the 100 at bats part but i know that there is a magic number where the cut off ends "rookie" status

May 8, 2002
Mcleanhatch said:
i think but i am not sure. but i think it is if a player has less than 100 at bats before the seaon in which he is playing full time then he is eligable for Rookie status.

another words if he gets called up for 10 games in september. the following year if he starts the seaon in the bigs he still has "rookie" status. but if that keeps happening for a couple years and he passes the 100 at-bats then he is no longer eligible for "rookie status.

now i am not sure on the 100 at bats part but i know that there is a magic number where the cut off ends "rookie" status
Thanks, I always wonderd about that. Because pretty much every player plays in the majors a little bit before there first full season.