Hooray!

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 16, 2003
I think the days of this forum are dying. With the advent of FB Twitter and Stranges own webpage people are getting there news faster and "from the source".

I still like sharing info on here when I cant but new Tech fans arent looking here for info because its easier to find elsewhere. I think that applies to the board as a whole as well.

Now having a faulty site in general that is unreliable also compounds the situation. If someone IS looking for this place and you get an invalid site error you might think its gone anyway.

Sad but true...times are changing...all that ish

Aug 16, 2003
Ain't no one give a fucc about strange and all their weirdo groupies!!!
You fail on so many levels with that ignorant shit lol..

But on some real shit this whole boards dying...this is a prime example of why.

Mutherfuckers cant post in there own spot without some goonbyya coming in for a cheap pop.

Shit...why do I even bother..the next time Siccness has an "upadat" well get redirected to a dead link anyway:hurt:

May 29, 2009
Mods and admins need a way to engage the community to keep them active. Since the news can be found easily elsewhere, how can the community be retained? Nobody truly ares about layout, IMO; instead, the loss of integral features (PROPS) was nearly a fatal blow. Large online communities such as reddit commonly use these systems as a way of gauging the value of the post and poster. So I think once people lost their value and had little news to discuss (and little REASON to discuss, since they no longer held potential value) was a bit deal.

This of course is an admin only issue, so only they can be held responsible for bringing the droves back. But fuck it's been a while and many have already abandoned the site... how do we keep who's still here, while enticing new members to join and repeat business.

Any mods out there ever work in leads or marketing, this would be a fun project. Community polls for each subsection for new splash headers and color theme would be a quick way to start. Then have admins have additional adverts for all new accounts <6months, average for up to 3 years, and all 3 years plus members are ad-free with siccness.net front page exception for latest and greatest. The additional ad revenue would generate the income required to site maintenance and upkeep, and a percentage can be used for promotional material or to pay for concert tickets or wtf ever people need to contact the vendors for:

Contact various vendors for charitable items to raffle or give away during album promos and shit. But like I said -- since it's not the communities fault, it all belongs to the admins.. fix your shit. Focus. What's the point of the siccness?

Oct 2, 2006
I thought the switch to the "new layout" took away from the site a lot. It just felt like they tried to upgrade something that didn't need to change. It overloaded the classic easy to navigate layout and bombarded it with all the new features. Seemed like a TRT9 forum gone worse. Every forum on here started dying when they changed it. I remember back when you could easily have a couple pages of new threads in the open forum per day. After the switchover it was lucky to get a half-page.