Honestly...

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
M

MrFreeze

who here has told someone on the board or even face to face that there shit was tight when it wasnt. cuz i was just goin through some reviews and it seemed like some pretty sorry albums were gettin good reviews when the artist who made it was from the board. i wont say any names but ive talked to people who are deep in this game about some of those same artists and they said they sucked and there album didnt sell shit for units but everyones on here sayin its the bomb. yall should know me by now-ill tell the person straight up im not feelin your shit, but do yall try to be nice or come truthful?

eMDe

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
i know alotta muhfuckas that lie when giving feedback. Tell the dude on the siccness that its tight, but talk MAJA shit in a chat room. But personally i always am truthfull. I may sugercoat my negative feedback, but always honest.

But then again you can't really say someone is "bad" or "worse" than the other... because this music shit is all on a personal level.

Quick

May 6, 2002
Yay Area, CA
I think that if you dont like someone's music then you are classified as a HATER and no one wants to be a hater. I dont see how ass kissing on the internet can get you anywhere in real life.

May 5, 2002
Mann ppl on BART get extra nice when they see certain artists on the board... If artist X joins.. u see hella posts about Artist X like they are the talk of town.. now I'm not gonna say folks r ridin nutz, maybe 2 get a shout out or somethin I dunno.. its just fishy ya feel... lol

M

MrFreeze

EXXXO said:
Vamps is honest..........
i can respect that but what i cant respect is 20 people sayin "this is the shit go buy it" when the album hasnt sold more than 50 units. obviously fools are bullshittin and i think people should just be honest cuz if i was an artist who had everyone and their brother tellin them thier shits tight but when they check the soundscan it only moved like 80 units id be like wtf? so at least if your honest people will know the real.

May 26, 2002
i think people should just be honest cuz if i was an artist who had everyone and their brother tellin them thier shits tight but when they check the soundscan it only moved like 80 units id be like wtf?
I heard that!!! I never really thought of the flipside to that situation...Hope fools is honest to me and my boyzs...

Apr 25, 2002
San Bruno, Ca
www.myspace.com
I LOVE THIS TOPIC, as an ARTIST myself, i have to be truthfull!

like my self, if i get negative feedback...well hey i cant please everyone on this munipulated EARTH. but if cats ask for opinions.....thats what they will get! real talk........

In this game you have to keep an opened mind, take every opinion in, and use it!

Apr 25, 2002
I've always had the good fortune of people being completely honest with me...maybe because i put it out in the open i'm very happy to hear constructive criticism...so when i play someone a cut, i always get an honest answer...

but they're are some cats on this board that I wouldn't tell them the truth about their music cus they think i'm hatin on em or somethin...so sometimes you just gotta keep it to yourself

May 22, 2002
ye...ive seen shit like that happen

when people say these joints are liek veyr tight...and then i hear them and theyr elike 1/10...shit

people exaggerate too much

Apr 25, 2002
www.2siccaudio.com
When I do my reviews I try to be as truthful as I can. The thing is I get a lot of music sent to me that is hip-hop, rap or gangsta so I have to have an open mind about music. It may be an album that I might not personally go out and buy, but that doesn't mean that it's pure shit. The reason I do a review track by track is so that when a person reads it they can get an idea of what each track is about and therefore know what the whole album is like. It's up to them if they go out and buy it or not, but I try to give people an idea of what is on the album and what type of music is mostly resembles.

All in all though it's the personal opinion of the person who reviews it. I may not like an album, but my friend loves it and vice versa. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and music is the same concept except with sound.

Late!