Hollywood Undead

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

SRD420

RAGE-REST-REPEAT
Oct 12, 2004
Minnesota
Yeah-yeah... I know, not your guys' cup of tea. I know a couple people who post in here though that might like 'em. Cough-Cough::rising_tied::haha.

They're my new favorites to jam to... what do you guys think of them? I'm gonna go catch their show after I get back from AZ here in MN. They got some catchy tracks on their Swan Songs album I dig. I haven't heard any of their other songs besides what's on the Swan Songs album, but I need to. I don't really hear the metal personally (a few guitar riffs here and there and some screaming, but it don't sound metal to me)... I'd consider it more hard rock than I would metal, but Wiki says their a rap-metal band outta Cali.

If you haven't heard them, check out the track "Undead"... that seems to be their most famous track since I've heard it on the radio here in MN. If you like what you hear and wanna hear more, some of my favorite tracks are...

The Diary
Pimpin'
Black Dahlia
Bottle and a Gun
California

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hollywood_Undead

Jan 9, 2009
that rap rock shit is lame..
they are kinda cool because of their masks
but then they are also kinda lame because of their masks

they do have a fanbase they created out of nothin so i cant hate on that.

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
I was flipping through on-demand one night and decided to watch one of their videos and I don't think I laughed that hard at anything music wise in years. Those guys are up their with Brokencyde or whatever they are called that was posted in the open forum a few weeks back.

Out of curiousty to those who like them, what do you like about them? Do they even play their own instruments? Because the songs sound very pieced together like a rap song beat but with guitars and shit. Maybe they have a backing band or something?

SRD420

RAGE-REST-REPEAT
Oct 12, 2004
Minnesota
Out of curiousty to those who like them, what do you like about them? Do they even play their own instruments? Because the songs sound very pieced together like a rap song beat but with guitars and shit. Maybe they have a backing band or something?
This is from an interview I read...

You guys are really in tune with the music itself—more than most "rappers." Do you all play instruments?

Charlie Scene: The three of us were in a band called 3 Tears for awhile. Actually Deuce was the original guitarist, and I replaced him in the band.

Johnny 3 Tears: You did a much better job [Laughs].

Charlie Scene: Yup, I did a much better job…I added a lot of solos [Laughs]. All of us have been in tons of bands together and separately. We all play instruments, except for Johnny 3 Tears.

I've actually just started getting into them. I heard them bein' played at a poker party I was at one night and I was like, "Who the fuck is this?" Dude that was spittin' sounded just like fuckin' Eminem. Then I hear a song that kinda reminds me of like a Linkin' Park. So I got their album and been listenin' to them for about a month now. I like them cuz I can't put a finger on which kind of genre they are... they really switch it up and I like that. Plus yeah... any rapper that can play an instrument and actually use them and make them sound good in their music gets an A from me :) Ha, I didn't know there were so many people into them. They're taking over HED PE's place in my cd player right now. I'm really sad with Hed's new music... I wish so bad they'd go back to their old days.

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
Yeah, I saw some concert footage and it didn't really look like they were playing much though. Like maybe one guy was doing some simple guitar stuff while the drummer tried to keep up with the beat playing through the speakers on stage. It was actually pretty funny because you really couldn't even hear the guys playing instrument on stage because the recorded stuff being played was so much louder.

Anyways, yeah, I personally think they personify all that is bad with music these days but I guess if you like them then you like them.

This is my last post in this thread seeing I try not to talk much about music I don't like. Continue on as you were folks lol.

Mar 18, 2003
A friend of mine kept trying to get me to listen to them, even burned me a disc which I never played. It wasn't until about a month ago that my lady played the entire CD while we went out of town. Some of the music is laughable, but one song did catch my atention. I had to look it up to find out which one, but My Black Dahlia (I think)was pretty good. I can't say much about the rest of the album but I've only listened to it once through. And the whole mask thing is not cool, at all.

Sep 24, 2005
soundcloud.com
the only song that caught on to me for a while was no. 5, but yeah i don't like em at all. I started listening to them in the summer of 06, haha, that was when i first got into rock too. it's only been about 3 years.

Dec 11, 2006
had to bring the thread back cuz ive been listening to them while im workin out. but im still kinda in the middle on actually liking the group. they kind of remind me of a drunk verion of KMK

May 31, 2007
LMFAO @ Brokencyde shitting on HU.. Yea, I didnt even see this shit last year and my name is in the first post. Oh well... Hollywood Undead is still the shit. The myspace songs are the best, then the album tracks are second best. I was disappointed with the new songs on the last EP though