Herschel Walker wants back in NFL, says he's better conditioned now than in his 20's

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jun 9, 2007
http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2011/01/herschel-walker-wants-back-in.html

Herschel Walker wants back into the National Football League.

The 48-year-old says he is 100 percent sure he can help a football team out right now.

The former Cowboy's star, who won the Heisman Trophy, is currently competing in mixed martial arts.

"I've told everyone that at 50 I might try football again to show people I can do that," Walker said on Monday during a conference call to promote his upcoming UFC fight. "I want to be the George Foreman of football, come back and do that one more time."

Walker said that he is a much better-conditioned athlete now than when he was playing.

"I'm 48 and in better shape now than I was when I was in my early 20s, playing football," he said.

"The two teams I would come back to play for are Minnesota or Atlanta," Walker added. "It would probably be Atlanta because that's home for me.

"I'm a Georgia boy. That's just home."

Jun 9, 2007
as a Vikings fan, I'd love to have him... I miss the Favre circus already, we thrive on parody up here. lol

Plus with how he's been working out constantly and doing his MMA thing, he really is in great shape... I think he could pull off part-time fullback duty on an NFL team.

Jun 9, 2007
yall are talkin like he thinks he could come back as a featured running back.

I didn't sense that at all.. I think he knows if he did attempt to come back, it would be as a fullback / blocking tight end type.

Not that he'd even be given the time of day to try out, much less make a team, but... I wouldn't be opposed to seeing him try.