help me out

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
If you have your mind set on getting the fantom what was the use of this thread? most workstations have the same type of sounds but to be honest I don't know what your needs are. I can say the 2661 is the best because at times it may sound the best. I could also say it's the worst because it only has 48 voices of polyphony and I need a lot of voices because I layer a lot of patches. I could say the fantom x is the best. I tried it out for the first time I was able to navigate and make a drum pattern in no time. I could also say it's crap because it looks like a plastic piece of shit with those stupid pads lighting up all day and night. I could say the motif es is the best because of the remix feature, arps and quality of sounds. I could also say its crap because of the yamaha midi driver that caused my pc and pro tools to conflict and because it doesnt have a stick for the pitch bend and modulation.

Each workstation has pros and cons and it's on you to figure out what you need based on YOUR needs.

Why should anyone here tell you (in detail) why one is better than the other? Are you gonna pay me for consultation? If so I'll gladly remove you from the equation and decide what you need. If someone here offers you advice on gear take it and RESEARCH it. After that TRY the equipment before you buy it OR buy it and take it home for a couple of days.

:hgk: