HELP ME FEED THE FISH!

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Nov 5, 2006
Im out here in Iraq trying to spread the VIRUS, and all of the sudden an analogy popped in my head. The hip-hop culture based around MTV reminds me of a pond full of schools of fish that have been eatin the same bullshit and there happy with it, and im havin a hard time findin the right TECH bait to throw out to em, I know if I throw the right bait and they bite and that TECH hook gets em they aint ever gonna get it out and theyll get yanked up outa that pond, evolve, and start walking around in reality like the rest of us.
I think race plays a part in it, Im white and its easy for me to hook other white folks on Tech, they see how much I love it and they wanna know why.
Not all but most of the black guys in my unit, because im white dont take me seriously like i dont know enough about rap to know whats hot, so I hit a brick wall. What kinda bait can i give em, has someone else found a way around this problem?

Oct 3, 2005
first they gotta be at least somewhat open minded, or you gotta find a way to get them to be open minded. i like to slip a couple tech songs into a mix cd or something. figure out which songs kinda fit the "vibe" of the other songs on the cd and then just be like, i burned a mix cd, check it out. give em time to listen to it and then later ask them how they liked it. usually i put some tech into the playlist at parties (i'm in a fraternity : / ) and people dance to it not even knowin what it is. also, anyone that ever rides anywhere in my car will here some tech. subtlety seems to work for me, people don't like havin shit forced on them. but i will say, i talked a friend of mine into goin to a concert last night, and i brought my sister, too. neither of them were really into tech, but after the concert, they both said they really enjoyed themselves, and were "impressed" by the performance. they now both own a copy of everready and my sister bought a shirt. you just gotta find the right opportunity and take advantage i guess. i've actually got my friend playing tech's shit on his campus radio show now, too. that's a decent audience right there.

Nov 5, 2006
out here its hard cause theres no parties, I cant roll up im my car bumpin his shit and all ive got in my room is some little pc speakers so all I can really do is what ive been doin, just talkin about Tech out of nowhere and tellin em to check it out

Jan 26, 2006
Hmm, with my one nih <ahem>... I mean black friend (lol), I used "Slither". I played a bunch of other songs but he didn't seem too interested, or he just wasn't feeling them. So I know "Slither" can work. Hrmm, but my one black is a pussy fiend. Ya'll know how that goes. I swear he would have to re-self-hypnotize himself each day with reasons he shouldn't cheat on his wife. Surprisingly, he didn't like Tormented probably because it's rock sounding (beware of introducing that sound at first with ... black fish? lol). My one black friend grew up in the Chi, listened to Twista. In fact, his dad arrested Twista I think once :eek:. hahaha...

Anyway, if your black friends drink caribou lou, that song should work :p

Since we have new Tech bait out with (glitter in it lol), I'm not sure what could work. I don't have any more black friends to test this stuff on.

Thus you are kind of on your own lest more people can shed some light on things, and offer better fishing tips.

Goodluck!

Oct 3, 2005
fastfitzy said:
out here its hard cause theres no parties, I cant roll up im my car bumpin his shit and all ive got in my room is some little pc speakers so all I can really do is what ive been doin, just talkin about Tech out of nowhere and tellin em to check it out
yeah i realize that, my bad though. i'm not sure there's a whole lot of resources at your fingertips right now, but like i said, keep your eye's open for a good opportunity, or find a good way to create the right opportunity. i'm not sure it's as simple as "black friend / white friend" either, i'm not real big on drawing distinctions. my friend i mentioned that i took to the concert is black, but it's not something i would mention outright like that, unless of course for a situation such as this. but friends are friends because they have some things in common. figure out what it is you have in common and find a way to incorporate some tech into it, i suppose. music is very good at eliciting memories. there's always those songs i hear that take me back, you know? you hear a song and you're like "oh, this is the song me and my boy so and so were listening to that one time when we were on our way to that party" or whatever. so if you get the chance and you're kickin it with some friends, throw on some tech. maybe they'll come to associate it with some good memories. maybe not right away of course, but eventually. "i remember that time we were chillin on base in iraq and...." you know?

Nov 5, 2006
IN REFERENCE TO: JasonM
Hmm, with my one nih <ahem>... I mean black friend (lol), I used "Slither". I played a bunch of other songs but he didn't seem too interested, or he just wasn't feeling them. So I know "Slither" can work. Hrmm, but my one black is a pussy fiend.

Im lookin more for Everready Bait, I wanna spread the new virus, with knowing that once theyre hooked theyll go buy the rest of em

Jan 26, 2006
"Im out here in Iraq trying to spread the VIRUS" <-- I knew what you meant when I read it the first time, but that sentence got my attention. I had to read on to make sure you weren't talking about a chemical agent hehehe.

I would tend toward personal music. Riotmaker sounds good yeah. Rmillerpacers32... I have to admit your comment at first had me thinking... what an ignorant thing to say... then I realized ehhhh you were being more honest with yourself than I was and are probably right :p

The rock music beats might be a nice American sound to the people over there. If I was over there I wouldn't really want to be hearing the eastern sounding stuff Tech has done (if I wasn't already in to Tech).

I would want to hear "My World", "That Owl", "Riotmaker", or "This Is Me"... This Is Me had me like... wanting to dance around my room and had me in a zone the first time I heard it. Quite a personal vibe. My World is the kind of song I could play for a week straight and be fine with it. That song just works nicely from start to finish. That Owl is really unique and has a very very very mixed up flow to it. Could be good to get attention. Riotmaker, for sure, rmillerpacers31 :p

I have to mention that I guess, and have found to be true, that most african amercians give the cold shoulder to Tech's music. I think the african amercians who post here may have some different taste, so, I dunno. On this forum, to me, we are Tech fans. The love runs deep (I am not racist to the knowledge of my consciousness, perhaps ignorant some), and I think this kind of music is just gonna bring everyone together more.

<releases his held breath hoping he doesn't get ratted out on the forum lol>

Sep 25, 2006
www.jsmitty.com
Honestly....I have a few black friends....and they aren't into the rock shit. So, they don't really like Riotmaker...i think it's awesome, but they don't. One of my black friends, Marcus listened to This Is Me and said, "damn, he killed it on that one, nigga." Also, I think that Jellysickle is a good pick just becuase E-40 is in it and it has a jump around, hyphy, party beat.

Nov 5, 2006
Tight, Im glad to see im gettin some good feedback off this, its all helpful keep it comin, I dont have any tech promo stuff or anything i can take a pic with but ill try to make something , but the helicopter flightline is sensitive and they dont allow cameras so thats out but we do got some of saddams old MIG jets layin around on base maybe Ill get some red spray paint and hit one up, Im not a very good artist but I CAN spell techn9ne, so well see
ALSO some of you may have seen my post trying to get tech out here, more support on this forum about that would be great.