Help from my Sacramento gente

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jun 10, 2004
I am in the process of getting a job in Sacramento a really good chance. However I know nothing about the area. I have looked at classifieds and what not but wanted some more info. Like what is rent like o ut there? I mean like in fresno I can get a one bedroom apartment in a semi decent area for $600 and up. I was heard it is way more expensive in sacramento, I really need to know this ish cause if/when I get the offer I need to know a range of $ I have to ask for. Is it better to live in a surrounding city? or is it the same?

Thanks to anyone who can help or point me in right direction/

Aug 4, 2005
www.flossalini.com
$600 huh, for that... don't be afraid of locals hanging out, Loose dogs, apartments w/o pools, the percentage of dots that show up on Megans law, minorities(hispanics, Asians, Russians)in large groups, and pizza men that don't deliver. If you don't mind any that "Welcome to Sacramento"... most likely (The Heights{DPH}, Oak Park, Meadowview, G-Parkway, North Highlands{Renick or Valley Green Apts}, or possibly Rancho Cordova. Oh I forgot about West Sac(if you don't mind speaking Spanish).

Jun 10, 2004
Flossalini said:
$600 huh, for that... don't be afraid of locals hanging out, Loose dogs, apartments w/o pools, the percentage of dots that show up on Megans law, minorities(hispanics, Asians, Russians)in large groups, and pizza men that don't deliver. If you don't mind any that "Welcome to Sacramento"... most likely (The Heights{DPH}, Oak Park, Meadowview, G-Parkway, North Highlands{Renick or Valley Green Apts}, or possibly Rancho Cordova. Oh I forgot about West Sac(if you don't mind speaking Spanish).
Minus the russians sounds like where i am from. I lived in Reedley most my life, decent block, average amount of gang,drugs, and criminal activities. Moved to Fresno in various spots during college. I lived in West fresno(which sounds exactly like sacramento you described) , then to central fresno, pretty bad there a bunch of "tecatos" (heroin addicts) that was a trip prostitution everywhere, bulldogs shooting all the time and didnt show me love cause my fam is northerners. Then I moved to the East of fresno that was hella bad nothing but gang activity from nortenos,bulldogs, surs, Laos bloods, AZB's, Hmongs, name it it was there. Then back to reedley to a lil hood again, finally i graduated and moved back to my original home which the block cleaned up due to incarcerations, new homes being built, and families becoming older. Reason for all this is that I am not trying to sound all "forgot where i came from" pero, I want to find a spot with a decent rent and relativly low crime. I may how ever have to move to a hood due to the fact my job prosprect wont shoot no "relocation expenses" and I have a payment o n some land in the central valley i need to continue paying.

Let me get back to you all on where it is located. again I am looking for decent rent and an area that is a nice place to lay my head in for the mean time till i can get situated. OH yeah I dont mind driving 20-30 to get into town and I am looking for an apartment, not a house yet.

Jun 10, 2004
400 CAPITOL MALL # 188548, SACRAMENTO, CA 95814

2335 AMERICAN RIVER DRIVE # 188548, SACRAMENTO, CA 95825

these are the possible address's that I may work at, it is looking good. I have another interview on Friday via phone. Hopefully I can get it, it is a long shot but I really want this job. Thanks again for all the info.

Apr 25, 2002
Filthy Rich pretty much nailed everything. Is this job your inquiring longterm or short term? Like rich said and pointed out the area of the 95825 area there are a string of apartments and condos in that area from the Sac State all the way up towards fair oaks and your just minutes away from downtown. And you dont have to worry about crime as to the downtown area. Right now id say the market for renting/ or buying are at a steady even. You will see just as much for rent signs as for sale signs. If your leaning towards the job in downtown, the natomas area just north on the 5 is minutes from downtown and their are affordable apartments. The best of luck on your interview tomorrow. Hope all goes extremely well for you.
On another note, Its funny how your leaving (559) area when im tentative planning on relocating in that direction.....

Jun 10, 2004
PsyDaL said:
The best of luck on your interview tomorrow. Hope all goes extremely well for you.
On another note, Its funny how your leaving (559) area when im tentative planning on relocating in that direction.....
Thanks for the help and for wishing good luck. I am hella nervous. reason for relocating is that right now i have a chance in a life time, no joke. I am a fresno state grad in accounting, I have this entry level position getting me no where, but when I seek better employment I either get more responsibilities with less pay or vice versa. I recently found out my homies aunt works at a large accounting firm in Sacra, she pulled some strings and got my resume in their database and told me that is all she could do. Which is a beautiful thing cause it is hard to get in their database for employment. Well I have had several interviews and they are going great I have this one on friday and if all goes well I will be invited to interview in person in Sacra.

So what brings you out to the 559?