help finishing a beat

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Sep 13, 2004
problem number 1 = i have no sense of rhythem and have never made a beat in my life, i just started trying to make beats, i made a piano melody but cant seem to make drums that go with it.

problem number 2 = i need help finding sounds, i dunno if anyone noticed but fruity loops does not have good bass sounds on it, since i have never done this before i have no clue where to get the sounds i need

help will be appriciated

peace

Apr 25, 2002
I'm not sure this is the right forum you want to start with man. We're here to help people with technical problems, give advice on things like equipment, techniques, etc... But not to teach people how to make beats. You might want to use google to find a forum more suited for that.

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
problem number 1 = i have no sense of rhythem and have never made a beat in my life, i just started trying to make beats, i made a piano melody but cant seem to make drums that go with it.

Different people start with different vibes and instruments. If I were you I'd start with the drums for now. Do you understand meters/measures and how they work? You should look into some basic music theory as it will bring you closer to your goals.

:hgk:

Sep 13, 2004
Vince V. said:
If you're only using software you should try other programs for beat making , not just FL.

Get Cubase SX and use some VST's . I'm sure you could find a bunch of decent sounds to get you started .
But me personally , I'd get a real keyboard like a Fantom X or a Motif ES.
Peep my tracks here. I'm pretty much all boards and modules.
http://www.soundclick.com/pro/?BandID=145611&content=music

i have no where near enough money to get a real keyboard thats why i am doin it on the comp, i am gettin "propellerheads reason" soon and from what i have heard it is a whole lot better. i was just wondering if anyone had some good sounds they could send me or somrthing, or if maybe anyone new of a website where i can download the sounds, some shit to get me started

Jan 21, 2004
why you assume hes askin for illegal shit....there are lots of websites that offer free downloadable samples and sounds.....

@reppin....i been using fruity loops for a while now and i can make tight shit wit it....you jus have to get some good samples and vsts....i mostly use vst synth plugins for my melodies and wav files for drums.....

Sep 13, 2004
CcytzO said:
why you assume hes askin for illegal shit....there are lots of websites that offer free downloadable samples and sounds.....

@reppin....i been using fruity loops for a while now and i can make tight shit wit it....you jus have to get some good samples and vsts....i mostly use vst synth plugins for my melodies and wav files for drums.....
thanx for the responce, i didnt meen illegal shit, i found a website way back when that had free downloadable sounds, not loops, just sounds, i was wonderin if anyone knew a place like that cause i can throw the sounds in fruity loops piano roll and do my own shit, and for the record my buddy baught reson and is gonna give it to me, i didnt get it off kazaa

@CcytzO : is there another way i can contact you cause i have many questions and according to these guys my questions are not meant for this area so i dont want to flood it with irrelevant shit ya know.