HDMI Cables?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Grim

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
www.grim64131.freeservers.com
I am purchasing a LCD HD tv in the next few weeks and was wondering what all I am going to need to purchase along with it.

I have a regular DVD player, nothing special and plan on subscribing to a local HD channel package that will more then likely have some kinda cable box that I have hooked up to my tv....was wondering if I will need to buy the HDMI cables or if they typically come with the tv's and how good of ones will I need if I do have to get them....again I aint going to be doing anything special other then watching cable tv in HD and a few movies

Jan 1, 2006
You can buy HDMI cables as cheap as $20 dollars you don't need monster cables or anything that cost a shit load. HDMI is a digital connection so you're either getting a signal or not.

HDMI 1.3 is the latest and can handle 1080p

I wouldn't know which direction to steer you at since I don't know what available in your area

Jan 5, 2006
The Visualizer said:
You can buy HDMI cables as cheap as $20 dollars you don't need monster cables or anything that cost a shit load. HDMI is a digital connection so you're either getting a signal or not.

HDMI 1.3 is the latest and can handle 1080p

I wouldn't know which direction to steer you at since I don't know what available in your area
correct, its digital.. it either works or it doesnt. I'm an electronics technician.. i work for a shop that sells all this shit.. Find someone that sells the brand.. PHILMORE, look on their website http://www.philmore-datak.com/stock.html

their cables are good and cheap. Im assuming youll only need 3-6 feet so that should only cost you around 20.00 tops.

remember, for monster cable youre only paying for the packaging its in and the advertising and of course Monster Park (candle stick).

Jan 1, 2006
Grim said:
are you saying if the signal from my cable company is digital then I it will work? I am sorry but wasnt quite understand what you meant by that
Yes
Any HDMI cable will work but the price on it shouldn't be outrageous. No more than $20 bucks tops.

Dec 15, 2003
Depending on the t.v. are buying, you may need to get a HDMI to DVI cable. On the back of the t.v. it will have either HDMI in or HDMI/DVI in. Just make sure before you go get the cable.