HD TV OTA Signal question

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Grim

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
www.grim64131.freeservers.com
Ok I have had HD TV for about a year now. Well I have always had an HD box from my local cable provider. Well my girl bought and HD TV recently and we hooked it up directly to the co-ax from the wall and did channel scan, well she picked up all these extra channels including ESPN HD and a bunch of others that my cable company told me I had to have a box to receive. Well I went home and unhooked my box and did the same shit and was able to pick up all those channels also that I have been having to rent this fuckin box to pick up supposedly.

My question is, can I ditch the box and maybe get some type of HD antenna and pick up channels via that way, I am picking up a bunch as is already along with my standard cable package which is about 100 channels. I am picking up about 80 digital channels and about 20 HD channels. Was wondering if getting an HD antenna would allow me to pick up anymore and if I can use an HD antenna along with the coax cable from my cable company

Grim

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
www.grim64131.freeservers.com
yeah im trying to get rid of my HD box and not pay the 9.95, I am picking up those channels right now that I normally had to pay for, what I am asking is am I missing out on anything by not getting an HD antenna and possibly picking up some more channels wether they are HD or not

Jun 15, 2005
yeah, they shouldnt add up. Theres like 10 without the box, 25 with.

Then again, I'm in SD, using Cox Cable. Who's your provider?

Jan 5, 2006
you can pick up HD with an HD antenna.. wouldnt recommend it tho cuz thats analog and within the next year we'll be switching to digital over the air.. so antennas wont work just a cable/satellite box or converter box.