HD "FRESH" & DLO "He's Back" Feedback?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jul 16, 2011
I wish the song "Fresh" was a solo song... Thats my only complaint...
^^What he said and just too many features altogether. "Clausterphobic" was the only track that really stood out to me. Ofcourse i'm a fan, wouldn't take the time to comment if I wasn't. Actually copped of iTunes the day it dropped. Now, if you were to take the beats from say Real World Part 3, Shady's Based On A True Story 2 or Rue's Tonite Show i'd prolly been alot happier w/ the album. It was still decent, don't get me wrong. Just not as (polished) of an album as I expected.

Jul 4, 2011
I've only heard Fresh, shit was dope. I've heard it 5 times already... it has good replay value and the beats are all dope.

On a different note though, that Young Gully - David is definitely coming out December?

Gas One

May 24, 2006
Downtown, Pittsburg. Southeast Dago.
we need a hen sippa tonite show.

or a blast holiday tonite show i know im mentioning alot of ice city cats n niggas got small issues between camps but it would show musics more important than this youtube shit

also a joe blow or young lox tonite show for the dope sellers kinda how graveyard shift album used to be back in the day IMO

fresh i aint gon lie i aint heard em yet bro i been super buzy but both are two of my favorite 'modern' rappers as far as consistent quality so i will peep both and get back to you even if i gotta youtube em

also keep working with lil rue its wack how niggas kinda seem to have kicked him out and disowned him of everything but he has heat and not everyone need to turn they back on the young nigga cuz he has alot of room to become a actual household name at some point i know yall prolly think im stupid but i could see rue being picked up by a squad in the mainstream...the taste of music really changes around every few years

ima peep the dlo and hd tho look forward to the dlo since hd has so many albums as of late

PS streets waitin for that ronald mack tonite show, how philthy gon leave cat mack outta the startin 5...and jonah need somethin new besides heavy artillery

ALSO

more mr tower tonite shows or some shit
what ever happened to west coast TO the best of the GO flow
i know you out there somewhere nigga start rappin again

an lee majors would be good on one too if he could revamp that trunk muzik type shit

Jul 4, 2011
^Mr. Tower's been releasing new shit... check his bandcamp. He put out a tonite show EP a month ago (only three songs but they're dope) and a full-length mixtape. Here's his bandcamp:

http://towerworld.bandcamp.com/

And I completely agree that Blast should get a Tonite Show... IMO he's by far the most underrated member of Bearfaced. In a way he's the most lyrically talented out of the camp but HD has more personality, not that Blast doesn't though... he reminds me of a more laid-back Fed-X with better flow.

A Joe Blow Tonite Show would be dope but idk if Joe Blow and DJ Fresh mesh together all that well... Blow's more of a fan of soul samples whereas Fresh uses more 80's R&B. It would be interesting to see what they'd do but IMO Young Lox and DJ Fresh would mesh better.

Apr 5, 2008
Yeah iono why but there are not too many tracks on Fresh that I replay, I just kinda listen to the whole album without skipping. Which is a good thing, but usually on HD albums there is at least a few songs I really want to keep listening to on repeat. The mixing and mastering is the best of all HD albums. I think it was actually a great job. The vocals are mixed fine, it just sounds like it was recorded in an untreated room. The same place HD always records, and it was mixed and mastered way better than his other releases. But that's just what it sounds like.

Jan 23, 2006
MY OPINION FOR WHAT IT'S WORTH

I FEEL HD IS THE FUTURE, HE GOT SOME RAW ASS LYRICS WITH THAT RUGGED, GRITTY NO NONSENSE DELIVERY AND I'M FEELIN' FRESH, SO I'VE BEEN LOOKIN' FORWARD TO THIS ALBUM FOR SOME TIME BUT I'M ONLY FEELIN' A FEW SONGS AND I'VE BEEN LISTENIN' TO THE SHIT FOR ABOUT A WEEK STRAIGHT ANYLYSING THE SHIT. TRACK # 1 "COST OF LIVING IS RAW AS FUCK, THE BEAT RAW, LYRICS AND I'M REAL COOL WITH THE FACT THAT IT'S HD SOLO, I WISH MORE ARTISTS WOULD STICK TO 15 SONGS PER ALBUM WITH AT LEAST 10 SOLOS, 3 VERSES EACH SONG SO WE GET TO FULLY FEEL THE ARTIST AS A LYRICIST AND NARRATOR., TRACK 2 NOT FEELIN' AND IF I'M NOT MISTAKEN IT WAS USED ON ANOTHER ALBUM. 2 LITERS IS REAL COOL BUT IS WAS USED ON THE PREVIOUS RELEASE AND WHEN HD COMES IN YOU SEE HIS LYRICAL SUPERIORITY OVER HEN SIPPA NO KNOCK ON HIM JUST WISH HD DID MORE SOLOS OR AT LEAST KEEP IT TO JUST HIMSELF, OR LIL ROD OR 600BJ Or BLAST HOLLIDAY OR FUCK WITH LIVEWIRE AFFILIATES LIKE JONAH, SHADY OR BLOOD. TRACK 5 I'M JUST GETTIN BACK IS THE MASTERPIECE OF THE ALBUM THOUGH WISH HE HAD 5 MORE SONGS LIKE THIS ON THIS ALBUM IT'S WHAT I EXPECTED. BLACK POLITICS IS A GREAT CONCEPT,AND COOL LYRICALLY BUT THE BEAT IS JUST SLIGHTLY ABOVE AVERAGE. I LIKE THE SONG FRESH, IT'S COOL, LASH SEASON IS COOL AND track 4 " all on you" IS COOL BUT I'VE HEARD THAT AL GREEN SAMPLE TOO MUCH. CLOSTERPHOBIC IS COOL. THE ALBUM IS SOLID THOUGH BUT I EXPECTED ALL THEM BEATS FROM THAT HD DJ FRESH SESSION THAT YOU CAN CATCH ON YOUTUBE ESPECIALLY THE BEATS AT 02:10 AND 03:10 BUT I HEARD HD PURCHASED THOSE TRACKS AND THEY'LL BE ON FUTURE PROJECTS. NOW I'M 36 AND AND I REMEMBER BACK IN THE 90'S AND EVEN BACK IN THE 80'S THE HOOK WOULD FEATURE DJ SCRATCHES AND DJ FRESH IS ONE HELL OF A DJ MAYBE ONE OF UPPER CLASS OF DJ'S IN THE COUNTRY AND I WISH HE'D INCORPORATE CUTS IN THE BREAKS AND HOOKS, JUST FUCK SHIT UP I THINK THAT WOULD PUSH BAY AREA ARTISTS USING DJ FRESH TRACKS OVER THE TOP AND BRING DJ FRESH UP A FEW MORE LEVELS AS FAR AS PRODUCTION. I RATE THIS ALBUM A 7/10 MAYBE 7.5. BUT DON'T GET IT FUCKED UP HD IS RAW AS FUCK AND DJ FRESH IS A FRESH ASS PRODUCER.