Haynesworth suspended rest of seaon without pay

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 9, 2006
:hurt: 100 mill down the drain

im sure hes glad he showed up to camp when he did so he got payed all these bonuses...

i wonder what kind of incentives he will lose if any....

haynes is an idiot but shanny fucked this all up

Aug 9, 2006
Dec 7, 2010 - The Washington Redskins have suspended defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth for the final four games of the season, according to a team issued press release. GM Bruce Allen informed Haynesworth of their decision to suspend him on Tuesday morning. The official reason is conduct detrimental to the team, which carries a max suspension of four games.

Redskins head coach Mike Shanahan said ultimately Haynesworth refused to "abide by the terms of his contract":

"Despite the club’s numerous attempts to persuade Albert Haynesworth to abide by the terms of his contract, he has repeatedly refused to cooperate with our coaching staff in a variety of ways over an extended period of time. Among other things, he has consistently indicated to our defensive coaches that he refuses to play in our base defense or on first-down or second-down nickel situations. He has also refused to follow the instructions of our coaches both during weekly practices and during actual games as well.

"Yesterday, when Albert was at Redskin Park, he told our General Manager Bruce Allen that he [Haynesworth] would no longer speak with me. Although suspending any player is not a decision that a head coach enters into lightly, I believe the situation has reached the point where the club clearly has no alternative."

While some teams handle this internally, Shanahan lays it all out there for us in a press release.The latest dust-up between Hayneworth and Shanahan came when the Redskins coach put the defensive tackle on the inactive last on Sunday. Reports surfaced that Haynesworth looked "hung over" at practice earlier in the week, which Haynesworth vehemently denied in a wide-ranging interview this week.

This press release, nor the suspension, will do anything to fix the relationship between Haynesworth, Shanahan and the Redskins. It's hard to imagine Haynesworth playing in DC again but, then again, we said the same thing last offseason.

Apr 2, 2010
That shows how much better of a coach Fisher is, at least he can get his players motivated enough to put effort into their games and training...Fire Shanahan and get a better coach..

Aug 9, 2006
the few games ive watched, including the game vs the titans...he played very limited plays not even all passing downs..., idk which game it was but i remember the whole defence huddling up after getting smacked up and haynesworth was all the way on the other side of the bench with his helmet on not giving a fuck what anyone had to say...

hes one of the best players at his postion, one of the highest paid players EVER..you gotta meet a middle ground without losing the team while keeping your star player happy..

Apr 2, 2010
the few games ive watched, including the game vs the titans...he played very limited plays not even all passing downs..., idk which game it was but i remember the whole defence huddling up after getting smacked up and haynesworth was all the way on the other side of the bench with his helmet on not giving a fuck what anyone had to say...

hes one of the best players at his postion, one of the highest paid players EVER..you gotta meet a middle ground without losing the team while keeping your star player happy..
I remember offensive lines stacking up 2 people to hold him and he still got through often...I also remember him taking several breaks but alot of players do, but yeah this is a sacrifice they half to make before the team falls anymore..

Jan 18, 2006
^^^ What a piece of shit for doing that, its Shanahans first season as the Redskins coach. Hanyesworth did this last year also, it aint the coach but you got to feel sorry for the Redskins wasting so much money year after year and not getting performances from the team like they should.

Apr 20, 2003
Fuck Haynesworth and his fuckin Earthquake drills..... That crap was an embarrassment to see, a 100 million dollar player just give up!

May 18, 2005
I can't see how its the coaches fault here?
It is not entirely the coaches fault but you can blame Shanahan for a small portion of this fiasco. He switches the team to the 3-4 without personnel for it. This is what causes all the Haynesworth fuss. He was already mad about playing restricted in the 4-3 and now they wanted to move him to NT lol. Redskins go from average 10 ranked defense now to last. Then he makes it personal with Haynesworth since he didn't attend voluntary camp.

So he has a short fuse on anything Haynesworth do, however the rest of the team can miss tackles and flop and he lets them slide. He should have resolved this back before preseason and moved on. So that portion is his fault, but ultimately Haynesworth is the biggest asshole. He's not a team player.

NAMO

Sicc OG
Apr 11, 2009
It is not entirely the coaches fault but you can blame Shanahan for a small portion of this fiasco. He switches the team to the 3-4 without personnel for it. This is what causes all the Haynesworth fuss. He was already mad about playing restricted in the 4-3 and now they wanted to move him to NT lol. Redskins go from average 10 ranked defense now to last. Then he makes it personal with Haynesworth since he didn't attend voluntary camp.

So he has a short fuse on anything Haynesworth do, however the rest of the team can miss tackles and flop and he lets them slide. He should have resolved this back before preseason and moved on. So that portion is his fault, but ultimately Haynesworth is the biggest asshole. He's not a team player.
Makes alot of sense the way you put it. I agree with you. It is both their fault.

Apr 2, 2010
Its also on a personal level, if you noticed theres some players in the nfl who need the coaches to push them harder and make them train harder on some middle school shit. Vick, VY, and now Haynesworth. They act like a bunch of fuckin kids...

phil

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
lol

one aspect of this fiasco thats never talked about is how switching to a 3-4 defense basically negated a large portion of haynesworth's incentive laden contract by installing a system that would not let him meet statistical escalators he signed to play for. not saying he's still not a douchebag but still, not a lot of people really bring that up when they bash him.