Hay you... Ya u... 'mere.

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 20, 2006
FLA
Strange is making everyone on the label release too much shit (especially Tech) too fast and the quality is really suffering. The last Tech album I actually enjoyed was Everready.

infinity

( o )( o )
May 4, 2005
UOENO, CA
The last ones I truly enjoyed fully were Anghellic and Absolute Power when he was on his FTI shit. Everything else is severely hit & miss, mostly miss. He hasn't found what he had with those albums again

Props: L.D.S.

infinity

( o )( o )
May 4, 2005
UOENO, CA
I saw him in 2004 and he fucking murdered his performance, no question about it. He has yet to be that dope again, but has come close to it with tracks like "Caribou Lou" and "Midwest Choppers" and some others

Aug 27, 2007
i agree about "everready" being overrated...but yall are buggin.techs talent/skill hasnt diminished whatsoever.the only problem in his shit is the abundance of shitty features and when he makes songs about tedious shit like sex/fucking your girlfriend.

last really good tech album was everready???...uh...killer?...mlk?...sickology?...all his eps besides maybe ebah?...

Props: L.D.S.
Aug 20, 2006
FLA
i agree about "everready" being overrated...but yall are buggin.techs talent/skill hasnt diminished whatsoever.the only problem in his shit is the abundance of shitty features and when he makes songs about tedious shit like sex/fucking your girlfriend.

last really good tech album was everready???...uh...killer?...mlk?...sickology?...all his eps besides maybe ebah?...
I liked MLK and Siccology but those were both collabo albums. So you agree that he has an abundance of filler. If he took 2 years to put out 1 album instead of 2 and an EP there would be one good song about fucking your girlfriend instead of 6 mediocre songs about it.

Aug 27, 2007
I liked MLK and Siccology but those were both collabo albums. So you agree that he has an abundance of filler. If he took 2 years to put out 1 album instead of 2 and an EP there would be one good song about fucking your girlfriend instead of 6 mediocre songs about it.
why assume if he took 2 years that would eliminate the problem?tech would most likely still want to have some shitty guests featured & a song about fucking my girlfriend (my issue isnt that its a "mediocre" song about fucking my girlfriend, my issue is that a song about fucking my girlfriend is always gonna be mediocre)

i dont think the guest features come from rushing a project, he just likes working w/different artists and isnt concerned with his elitist fans worrying about how it fucks up the integrity of the project.

my point was simply that he is still incredible at his craft and putting out an album a year hasnt seemed to hurt HIS ability to murder practically every track he touches.its really kinda incredible (imo)

JOK3R187

Ferocious Mackadoshis
Jun 17, 2005
... we're still here... but the lack of credible topic tends to keep the 'vets' or 'OG's' from posting

in terms of techs releases as of late... I think most might feel the oversaturation due to the frequency between drops and the somewhat mediocre features and a few tracks I'd class as filler...

I think in terms of his depth as an ARTIST he's still got it... but I personally feel the nostalgic/authenticity that I felt back in his early work isn't as prevalent anymore and I constantly find myself listening to his MidWestside/Perspective/Be Warned slated tracks more than his recent releases due to the history they hold... but that's not to say he isn't dropping some dope shit like some like to state in these parts from time to time

the feeling I got as a fan when I used to come on this forum and have all the intricacies, alternate version of tracks, rare drops (TechN9neHQ anyone?), pre-info etc. looks as if it's dead IMO... and I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one that feels this way...

Jul 1, 2007
sorry yeah NOT overated. I think it is some of his best work.. its like all of the crazyness from AP and ANghellic were transported to way better quality production.