Have you or still do collect sports cards?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 9, 2002
i waz just thinkin about that tonight, dont know i kinda miss collectin them. i have hella Baseball/Football cards. so does anyone still collect?

May 16, 2002
Hey does any one know the Value of the 89 Upper Deck Griffey Jr card...I still have one..I wanna get rid of it...He`s overated and I have a feeling will never be a consistant baseball player...I saw it on QVC selling for $300 about 2 months ago...Hopefully I can get half...

?????

May 12, 2002
Griffey book value is $75 I believe, but even getting that for it would be tough. I sold one about 6 months ago for $75 but that was when it booked for $100. The QVC/shop at home guys are pulling off a huge fraud on the sportscard industry. I wouldnt believe a thing they say. I co-own a sportscard shop and we get people in all the time that bought the Tiger Woods gem mint stamp rookie for over $500, I sell the same stamp in a uncut sheet for $25 bucks.

C

CinFul-1

I switched from Cards to Autos and Game used items, I got a sicc as Az Cards Memorabilia collection, bloody game used Jerseys, Cleats, QB towels, gloves, I buy Game used Cards too, I have about 100 game used Cardinal cards, with jerseys or footballs, face masks in them

May 12, 2002
Jordan rookie really depends on condition. If it is really sharp and not graded you might be able to get between $1000 and $1500. Also though if it is in that good of shape it might pay off for you to send it in and get it graded by PSA or Beckett. If you get a 9 or above you will be in the money. The last Jordan I sold went for $500 and it had two bad corners and was off cut.

Daveyboy

Sicc Triple OG
Apr 25, 2002
i got a shit load of old football cards that i collected back in middle school...i got a couple of old ass john elway cards..joe montana..ect...nothing really worth a lot of money but worth having i feel....

BAMMER

Siccness Gray Hair
Apr 25, 2002
Auburn Wa
www.dawgman.com
I have refrigerator boxes full of sports cards....millions

I had 3 Jordan Rookies.....and I still want to shoot myself...let's just say I did strange things with cards to entertain myself...like throwing them in a hat from across the room.

That Fleer set has a gang of rookies in it!

I have alot of old shit from the 60's thanx to my uncle,but my alcoholic dad,sold 90% of my cards to get booze,so must of my collection is commons.

Still got my Jerry Rice rookie though:p

Apr 25, 2002
I use to collect cards like no business.

I have 10 Kobe Bryant Rookie Cards

5 Allen Iverson Rookies

15 Tim Duncans

4 Kevin Garnett Rookies

8 Vince Carter Rookies

Ohh man a shit load and they didn't cost me that much because I bought boxes instead of individual rookies like at dealers.

Baseball I've got almost every big time superstars Rookie.

I have 2 Griffeys

4 McGwires

Juan Gonzalez

Sammy Sosa

and on and on.......

May 8, 2002
my dad used to buy the baseball cards back in the 50's and 60's just for the gum. he would them proceed to save the cards till he got home to put them on his bicycle tires so he could make noise as he drove down the rode.

right now my hottest card is a mark prior donruss elite XRC serial#'ed to 1000 but i believe only about 500 exist is you had to send in 6 bucks and a hard to get coupon to get the card in the mail.

@BigE can you get me some prices on topps finest2002 (box prices) and bowman or bowman chrome 2002 (box prices)!

May 12, 2002
Lil Ceez: to get the card graded go to Beckett or PSA's website and it will have all of the info on it. My advice to you is though when you do send it in make sure to have the card properly secured (penny sleve,card saver,cardboard,bubble wrap envelope). And a quick way to tell if it is fake or not is by looking at the back right hand side corner where there is a navy blue ball. If the ball doesnt have lines through it (like stitching) it is fake.

Mclean: Finest boxes are $120 we should be picking up Bowman Chrome on Tuesday, I will let you know a price. Honestly though it is really hard for us to compete with the prices you can find on Ebay. I myself have from time to time purchased boxes on there because I can get them cheaper than even my wholesalers can offer them to me for.

C

CinFul-1

BigE916WRM said:
Lil Ceez: to get the card graded go to Beckett or PSA's website and it will have all of the info on it. My advice to you is though when you do send it in make sure to have the card properly secured (penny sleve,card saver,cardboard,bubble wrap envelope). And a quick way to tell if it is fake or not is by looking at the back right hand side corner where there is a navy blue ball. If the ball doesnt have lines through it (like stitching) it is fake.

Mclean: Finest boxes are $120 we should be picking up Bowman Chrome on Tuesday, I will let you know a price. Honestly though it is really hard for us to compete with the prices you can find on Ebay. I myself have from time to time purchased boxes on there because I can get them cheaper than even my wholesalers can offer them to me for.
Ebay blows out all the Card stores, I like the Az Cardinals, the dealers around here would try to jack me cuz I was a fan and sell that shit hell of expensive, No lie Ive seen the same AzCards stuff they seel for 50-75 bucks, I have bought for a dollar off ebay, Because Az Cards are not a high demand team