HAS THE BAY AREA LOST ITS SOUND??

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 14, 2006
I notice that Artists in the bay are rapping over tracks that sound like some Drumma boy or some Lex Luger Dirty south shit and on the other end I've heard some sped up sample stuff.Does the Bay Area has its own sound anymore? Or are bay Area producers expanding their sound to show their versatility? I just heard some new E-40 that was supposed to be Upgraded Mobb Music is this the direction we're going in?

Jan 6, 2008
www.youtube.com
theres A LOT of different hip hop music in the bay area. some of it is unique to the area, a lot of it isnt.

the only genre i know of that relatively has its own sound for the most part is mobb music. when i hear the first 10sec of a beat i can usually tell its a mob figaz/berner/messy track

Dec 28, 2009
imo the bay has always had a diverse sound and it continues to have a diverse sound. this thread and all the other similar threads are pointless. but to answer your question........... the bay has not and will never lose its sound. however, people may lose their desire to stay up to date with the current "bay sound" and therefore hope and wish music nowadays would sound more like the music of yesterday. you can still find bay artists on that classic bay tip, you just have to find it.

May 8, 2008
The problem is that EVERYBODY is a producer and EVERYBODY is a rapper. Nobody has their own lane anymore and originality is a lost art. And it ain't just the Bay. LA making all these fuckin "lean wit it rock wit it" dance type songs tryna be like the South too. The whole game is copy cat. That's just the way it is......

And that doesn't mean i don't like what's coming out of the Bay or LA, just ain't what it used to be. Times change.