Haiti: 3 years later...

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Some may not know that Haiti is still dealing with the effects of the earthquake of 2010. Approximately 100,000 people are still living in tents. Please offer up a prayer or help if you can in some way. Even though Haiti isn't the richest country in the world,those people shouldn't still be living in tents after 3 years.

Hold On Be Strong - YouTube

Apr 5, 2004
Fuck this. Rnt these the same people who practice voodoo and stick pins in dolls and shyt on some devil worshipping shyt??? And now they want my good god fearing prayers?? Naw maybe they shouldnt be sacraficing little girls and idol worshipping and maybe they wouldnt of felt the wrath of god. Now???

Mike Manson

Still Livin'
Apr 16, 2005
Fuck this. Rnt these the same people who practice voodoo and stick pins in dolls and shyt on some devil worshipping shyt??? And now they want my good god fearing prayers?? Naw maybe they shouldnt be sacraficing little girls and idol worshipping and maybe they wouldnt of felt the wrath of god. Now???

May 9, 2002
whats wrong with offering a prayer for them?

If that is what believe people will help, why hate? just keep it moving.
This should answer your question:

Treating religion like some blood and crip shit = not the business. They are HUMANS, just like you and me.

Nov 24, 2003
whats wrong with offering a prayer for them?

If that is what believe people will help, why hate? just keep it moving.

Because people pray and then feel like they have done something, when in reality they have done nothing and the people they are praying for are still in the same position.

If they recognized their prayers did nothing, then maybe they would actually do something that created some tangible change for the people down there.

Same thoughts goes for people using a sincere, positive song in turn for a wise crack for sicc props.

People might acknowledge that as being "over-serious" but reminding the public about human suffering is NOBLE>
This was actually a thread to help the people. If you check out other videos about Haiti and other natural disasters, or even poverty in america, you'll see just how sad it is. This isn't about the song. It's about the people. The song just so happened to fit the situation, but truthfully awareness was the idea. Im sure not everyone is gonna see it that way

Props: JLMACN
Aug 26, 2002
WWW.YABITCHDONEME.COM
Because people pray and then feel like they have done something, when in reality they have done nothing and the people they are praying for are still in the same position.

If they recognized their prayers did nothing, then maybe they would actually do something that created some tangible change for the people down there.
But that is what you don't seem to understand, people of faith (most) trully believe that prayer helps just as much as money and other means and methods of "helping". As a non believer you don't, and that is your right and opinion. But don't trample on people who believe that it does help. Praying for miracles, like I want everyone in the Haiti to be fed and their houses back together tomorrow, is ridiculous. And I agree, that if you judge prayer working on those ridiculous "prayers" then yes, you have a point. But saying a prayer for the country and to be with the people in Haiti as they recover through this mess, or God to be with those making the decisions that effect Haitians, I don't believe is a waste of time.

Show me empirical evidence that prayer works, and ill retract my statement.

BTW, my father is a "man of faith", and even he knows that praying doesn't do shit.
I can't show you personally. But yes, in my life is has worked. I would explain but I'd rather explain calculus to my 4 year old, because he might actually listen.

I don't know your father but I guess now I understand a little why you doubt God and people of faith so much.