Grunge

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 16, 2002
nirvana will be my all time favorite forever. they opened the door for me to get into music at a young age. all of the other bands you mentioned are also great...that cluster was a huge part of my teenage years in the 90s...

Mar 18, 2003
^On the radio today they said it was released.. I/they could be mistaken, though.

STP
Filter
Pearl Jam
Alice in chains
Nirvana
Temple of the dog
Soundgarden
Tool ( Not so much grunge, but same era )
Pretty big fan of all the bands you named minus Filter. Not that they're bad, I just never really got into them. I still listen to all that stuff to this day. I remember when that first STP album came out it was all I listened to. And the album Ten, by Pearl jam was equally as good. Brings back memories of ruching home from school and just vegging out to MTV (when they actually played music). Good ole' days.

Sep 17, 2006
I NEVER considered grunge to be a genre, I thought all the bands had something that could fit into other categories. But, Nirvana (punk), AIC(metal), Soundgarden(metal), Pearl Jam (major label indie lol), The Melvins (metal), Gin Blossoms (southern rock!), STP ( hard rock and yes a rip off of the "grunge" sound ), Smashing pumpkins (Indie) , Meat Puppets (country) are some of my dear most favorite bands ever and they all got grouped into that categorey at one point.

Palmer

RIP SouthernComfort
Apr 10, 2006
SEAHAWKS!!!
I NEVER considered grunge to be a genre, I thought all the bands had something that could fit into other categories. But, Nirvana (punk), AIC(metal), Soundgarden(metal), Pearl Jam (major label indie lol), The Melvins (metal), Gin Blossoms (southern rock!), STP ( hard rock and yes a rip off of the "grunge" sound ), Smashing pumpkins (Indie) , Meat Puppets (country) are some of my dear most favorite bands ever and they all got grouped into that categorey at one point.
Are we listening to the same bands? I would have to respectfully disagree with you on those genres with those bands. Grunge is most certainly a genre IMO anyway.