Gruden to replace Kornheiser on MNF

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

V

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
  • V

V

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/9585756/Gruden-to-replace-Kornheiser-on-MNF

Gruden to replace Kornheiser on MNF

BRISTOL, Conn. (AP) - Former Tampa Bay coach Jon Gruden is replacing Tony Kornheiser on ESPN's Monday Night Football broadcast team.

The network said Monday that Gruden will be in the booth with Mike Tirico and Ron Jaworski when the show starts its 40th season this fall.

Kornheiser cited a fear of flying in his decision to leave after three years.
Gruden led the Bucs to the 2003 Super Bowl title and was fired after this past season. He worked as a guest analyst this year with the NFL Network during the draft and scouting combine.
He will debut with ESPN with a preseason game Aug. 13, a Super Bowl rematch between the Arizona Cardinals and Pittsburgh Steelers.

V

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
  • V

V

About time they got rid of dude, hes cool on PTI but should never be allowed to be comentator again. Gruden will bring that Jeff Van Gundy entertainment to the booth...

Jaws should be replaced too...he's got alot of QB knowledge but hes hella boring in the booth.

Jan 4, 2003
I'm really suprised no team has offered Gruden a HC position.... When bucs let him go I was wondering if there could be a Gruden pt. 2 in Oak but I'm glad Al stuck with Cable.. this guy really seems to have players wanna win for him.... But shit it'll be to see chucky callin the games

Stealth

May 8, 2002
My boy lives in New York City, worked for CBS sports and HBO. His ex boss is a bigwig at ESPN now.

Let's just say that Kornheiser's "fear of flying" excuse isn't the real reason he's gone.

Oct 31, 2003
SAN DIEGO
SOUTHEASTSANDIEGO.COM
I'm really suprised no team has offered Gruden a HC position.... When bucs let him go I was wondering if there could be a Gruden pt. 2 in Oak but I'm glad Al stuck with Cable.. this guy really seems to have players wanna win for him.... But shit it'll be to see chucky callin the games
im very surprised gruden isnt coaching right now....the bad part is that next year, theres gonna be some othe new dude on mnf cause you know gruden will be coaching somewhere