GREG ODEN......

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Dec 29, 2004
I think he's got another year in high school...HE's pretty good, has a really bad attitude that might get him in trouble though...

BAMMER

Siccness Gray Hair
Apr 25, 2002
Auburn Wa
www.dawgman.com
Hoosier said:
I think he's got another year in high school...HE's pretty good, has a really bad attitude that might get him in trouble though...
Really?I seen him play on ESPN2,and everyone was raving about him,sayin he has a good head on his shoulders,and he's a B+ student.ESPN Mag had an article,and he seemed cool as hell.

Dec 29, 2004
Maybe I shouldn't label him like that. His body language just made me think that. He dunked on some dude and was talking shit the whole way back. He's got tha Amare Stoudemire vibe going I guess.

N

NOR_CAL_#1

BAMMER said:
Who?You talkin about that big ass high school center?Ohio St. is garbage.........
hes gonna be special believe that ........next shaq <<<well close enough cuz another shaq wont come for years

N

NOR_CAL_#1

IF HE WERE DRAFTED DURING HIGH SCHOOL

AS A FRESMAN HE WOULD HAVE BEEN A FIRST ROUND PICK
AS A SOPHMORE HE WOULD HAVE A BEEN A LOTTERY PICK
AS JUNIOR HE WOULD HAVE BEEN THE FIRST OVERALL PICK
........AND IF HE DOES GO TO OHIO ST THEY WILL BE RANKED IN THE TOP 5

May 15, 2002
NOR_CAL_#1 said:
AS A FRESMAN HE WOULD HAVE BEEN A FIRST ROUND PICK
AS A SOPHMORE HE WOULD HAVE A BEEN A LOTTERY PICK
AS JUNIOR HE WOULD HAVE BEEN THE FIRST OVERALL PICK
........AND IF HE DOES GO TO OHIO ST THEY WILL BE RANKED IN THE TOP 5
What is all this based on?

im just wondering - dude might be good but lets not go that far

N

NOR_CAL_#1

Pino said:
I'd rather pick 7'9" Michael Ri from North Korea. Dont know shit bout the dude, but heard he got good mobility for a big guy
I SAW SOMETHING ABOUT HIM ON SPORTS CENTER LIKE 1 YEAR AGO....BUT NORTH KOREA DONT LET ANYTHING LEAVE ESPICALLY TO THE US

May 15, 2002
you holler Greg Oden but what about OJ Mayo? people have been saying Mayo is the next Lebron. I haven't seen him play but eveything i've read about him says he's the truth.

May 15, 2002
Oden keeps his word

Greg Oden was true to his word. He always said he was going to go to school.
The NBA took away his chance to go directly to the league by changing its players' requirements. Starting next year, NBA prospects must be 19 years old and out of high school at least one year. But Oden still could have gone overseas, to a prep school or a training academy while waiting for the 2007 draft.

Instead, he and his high school teammate, point guard Mike Conley Jr., gave verbal commitments to Ohio State on Wednesday, choosing the Buckeyes over Wake Forest, Indiana and Michigan State. Losing in-state star Oden is a blow to Indiana, which already lost top player Bracey Wright (to the NBA as an early entrant) and Patrick Ewing Jr. (to a transfer).

Oden still could change his mind, since a verbal commitment isn't binding prior to signing a national letter of intent – and he can't do that until the fall – but declaring for Ohio State is significant, because the 7-footer has shown that he honors his word.

Assuming he arrives in Columbus, Oden is the crown jewel of one of Ohio State's best recruiting classes in recent memory. In addition to Oden and Conley, the Buckeyes are adding Daequan Cook and David Lighty, two of the top players in Ohio.

Even if Oden is a one-and-done player, he still will be worth it for the Buckeyes, who could be NCAA-bound next year.

Ohio State head coach Thad Matta couldn't have asked for better news. The persistence of the whole coaching staff, still awaiting final NCAA findings (due this summer) regarding the scandal created by former coach Jim O'Brien, should be applauded. Matta kept his assistants focused, and they landed a recruiting class that is a program changer.

Oden's candor and honesty about attending college always was genuine and certainly was refreshing. He said he wanted to go to school. Now he will.

Perhaps he'll like it so much, he'll stay and stay and stay.

Mar 6, 2005
AC Transit said:
you holler Greg Oden but what about OJ Mayo? people have been saying Mayo is the next Lebron. I haven't seen him play but eveything i've read about him says he's the truth.
Greg Oden is a Junior and OJ Mayo is only a sophmore. Mayo got rediculus skills for only a sophmore. Hes gonna be a 6'7 PG in the NBA but he doesnt have LeBron's hops though but he does have better handles and better PG skills than LeBron, hes probably a better shooter too. Mayo is the real "Next Magic".

May 15, 2002
report i found on mayo and oden - seems like mayo has trouble making the players around him better

2005 USA Youth Development Festival

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By Josh Gershon
goazcats.com
7/1/05

Greg Oden
Lisa Blumenfeld/Getty Images
On June 7-11, some of the nation's top preps from the 2006 and 2007 classes gathered in San Diego, California for the 2005 USA Youth Development Festival. The USA had three teams competing with Canada, Russia, New Zealand and China for the three medals.

The USA ended up sweeping the medals, with USA White taking home the gold. Led by Greg Oden, Bill Walker, Paul Harris and Darrell Arthur, the White team never played a close game.

Here are some of the prospects that stood out:

Greg Oden, 2006, 7-0 C: 17.0 PPG, 6.6 RPG, 2.8 BPG

The consensus top pick in 2007 (now that the NBA has implemented a 19 year age limit: High schoolers wont be allowed to enter the draft.) Almost unanimously the top player in the extremely talented 2006 class, Oden was one of the most dominant players in San Diego. Once he got the ball down low, a dunk was sure to follow as there wasn't anyone on any team that could stop him.

It's no wonder that the NBA scouts are drooling over Oden, but we've yet to see him play against someone with the size to even slow him down. Free throw shooting was his one major weakness.

O.J. Mayo, called him "the most dominant player in amateur basketball right now."

Paul Harris, 2006, 6-4 SF: 16.8 PPG, 9.0 RPG

Harris was a player that everyone enjoyed watching. He may only be 6-foot-4, but he plays the game like he's much taller. Harris loves to go inside to grab offensive rebounds and score on put backs.

The fact that he's 6-4 and still led the tournament in rebounding speaks volumes about how hard he plays the game. But it would be nice to see Harris become a better outside shooter, as he hit only 1 of 11 on threes in the tournament.

Bill Walker
Josh Gershon/GoAZCats.com

Bill Walker, 2007, 6-5 SF: 15.4 PPG, 4.8 RPG

One scout in attendance compared Bill Walker to Vince Carter, and while Walker's game is raw and needs plenty of improvement, it's a valid comparison. Walker is easily the most athletic player we've seen on the circuit since Josh Smith. It doesn't matter who is in his way; if he gets the ball in the paint, he's dunking on you.

He's developed the nicknames: "Sky Walker", and "Dirty McNasty", evidently due to the nastiness with which he dunks.

Walker needs to work on his outside shot, but we've heard that it's quickly improving. There were several NBA scouts in attendance that were tracking Walker's every move.

Kyle Singler, 2007, 6-8 SF: 14.0 PPG, 3.4 RPG, 47.1% 3PT

There may not have been a player that helped his stock in San Diego as much as Walker. The small forward can shoot lights out from anywhere on the court, run the floor, pass and had some nice rebounding games as well.

It should be noted that Singler is a year older than the rest of his class but will still have to go to college based on the NBA's new rule which stipulates a player must be at least a year out of high school before entering the draft.

Darrell Arthur, 2006, 6-9 PF: 12.2 PPG, 5.4 RPG

In this tournament, Darrell Arthur deferred a lot to the other players on his team. He didn't have any big games or any bad ones. Playing next to Oden, we didn't get to see Arthur dominant in the post like we have in the past.

Arthur is extremely athletic and has very good timing blocking shots. When he gets the ball down low, he's a pretty efficient scorer. Outside shooting and free throws were weaknesses.

O.J. Mayo, 6-4, PG: 27.5 PPG, 6.5 RPG, 3.8 APG, 6.0 SPG. 7.25 TOPG, 46.9% 3PT

From a pure talent perspective, O.J. Mayo was by far the best player in San Diego. O.J. makes every shot look like a good one; whether he's fading away, leaning forward or jumping straight up, he's probably going to hit it.

Mayo was also a menace defensively, constantly harassing and picking the pockets of his less athletic opponents. The two areas to work on for Mayo were his carelessness with the ball and inability to get all of his teammates involved. Mayo is so talented, he can get away with coasting, but rarely does.

Wayne Ellington, 6-4, SG: 20.3 PPG, 8.8 RPG

Ellington teamed up with Mayo to form easily the top backcourt in the tournament. The future Tar Heel is a phenomenal talent - he can shoot, get to the basket and rebound.

Ellington is a true combo guard and surely can play both positions at the next level. You have to love his competitiveness and intelligence.

Lance Thomas, 6-8, SF: 9.0 PPG, 4.3 RPG

Lance Thomas was on a team that didn't go a good job of getting him the ball. Regardless, he made the most of the camp by scoring off of offensive rebounds. Thomas has played power forward most of his career and is still developing as a wing.

He still needs to work some on his outside shooting, but we like Thomas' potential as a small forward. He's already a very good rebounder and a smart player.

BAMMER

Siccness Gray Hair
Apr 25, 2002
Auburn Wa
www.dawgman.com
Comparing Rashard Griffith to Greg Oden is ridiculous.Oden is 9X's the player Griffith was(no mobility AT ALL).Oden is the best big man since Shaq,whether you like it or not.He does'nt have Shaq's size,or weight,but he is the best (true)7 footer I have seen since Garnett.He's a true center,and you can't compare him to KG(pf),but he is the truth.Ohio St. will not be ranked in the top 50 with Oden,are you serious Nor Cal?Top 5?lol,There is no illegal defense in college,he will be double and triple teamed every play,and will leave after 2 years....

Mar 6, 2005
BAMMER said:
Comparing Rashard Griffith to Greg Oden is ridiculous.Oden is 9X's the player Griffith was(no mobility AT ALL).Oden is the best big man since Shaq,whether you like it or not.He does'nt have Shaq's size,or weight,but he is the best (true)7 footer I have seen since Garnett.He's a true center,and you can't compare him to KG(pf),but he is the truth.Ohio St. will not be ranked in the top 50 with Oden,are you serious Nor Cal?Top 5?lol,There is no illegal defense in college,he will be double and triple teamed every play,and will leave after 2 years....
datz true. Greg Oden is the best Center Prospect in the last 10 years. There is no such thing as True Centers anymore and hes a true center which makes him special. But hes no Shaq though and he doesnt even play like Shaq. Hes more like a young Patrick Ewing. Hes gonna be at Ohio St. for just 1 year cuz U only need to be out of High School 1 year to be eligible for the draft. Hes 1 and done.