Greatest Wu Tang Clan member?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Sep 3, 2002
They are all inadequate without one another. That’s the thing about groups. Wu members all have Their own lane.

odb Is greatly missed. Wu- tang albums are not the same without him.

Rza is the sensei, the members all give him credit for making them what they are.

To answer this question one should put together all their favorite wu songs and see which member is on every song —that’s your greatest.

Jan 29, 2005
PHX
I’m not saying they’re no good. None of their solo projects are as good as 36 chambers or wu-tang forever is what I’m saying
I disagree. I have a few Wu solos better than 36 Chambers and Wu-Tang Forever. I have 36 Chambers at 5 and Wu-Tang Forever at 7 in the Wu discog. Its a matter of opinion though, and I can see why you would see them as better when together.

1: Raekwon - Only Built 4 Cuban Linx
2: Ghostface - Supreme Clientele
3: GZA - Liquid Swords
4: Ghostface - Ironman
5: 36 Chambers
6: Method Man - Tical
7: Wu-Tang Forever

Dead Blue

Smokin Bud
Nov 14, 2008
CALIFORNIA
RZA.

Without RZA there would be no Wu-Tang.

I honestly feel he has the best flows as well. Bobby Digital is also my favorite solo Wu Joint. That being said, every member shines at times and I go through rotations where I'm feeling one more than the others.

1. RZA

2. Method Man - He makes dope hooks, the most charismatic, unique voice and Tical sounds more like 36 Chambers part 2 than any other Wu album. He's also the member that can stand on his own the best. The world knows who Method Man is.

3. Raekwon - Straight heat and street slang. Raekwon has the best bars of the group and has stayed true to his image his entire career. Incarcerated Scarfaces & Ice Cream still get play to me to this day.

4. Ghostface - Ironman & Supreme Cliente are classics. Face & Rae fit together trading styles so perfectly. The main reason I rank Face lower than Rae despite experimenting more is that Face can sound whiny at times and later in his career his voice changed for the worst.

5. U-God - Yea I know people will hate on this but fuck it, that's what an opinion is. Golden Arms Redemption is wack, but U-God as a whole is that missing piece. His voice is dope as hell and his spits are laid back with a more west coast style flow. He can appear on any Wu song and always goes with it.

6. Inspectah Deck - Deck has a sick verse here and there but he lacks charisma and his voice is mono tone. He just doesn't stand out that much.

7. Masta Killa - Killa falls into the same category as deck but doesn't have any stand out verses. That being said No Said Date is better than Uncontrolled Substance IMO.

8. Cappadonna - Cap has spits but his voice is harsh and he seems out of place a lot of time. Beyond Winter Warz and Triumph I can't think of any classic Cap joint. He also talks way too much about his dick.

9. GZA - When the best song on your album (B.I.B.L.E.) isn't even by you, it sums it up. I like Liquid Swords but GZA while being a top notch lyricist constantly fails in the delivery of his rhymes. His voice is always mono tone and boring.

10. ODB - Dirty to me always sounded like a drunken fu-schnickens wannabe. I've never been able to sit through an entire ODB album. Now I'm not trying to diss dirty and will give him credit, he had a lot of stage presence and energy. Just not for me.