GREATEST 181 Rap Songs out of WASHINGTON STATE ALL-Time

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
Cranky said:
What is that from?
The 2002 SLR Summer Sampler (the one that had the snippets for IK (which had been released at that point), Syko and Sarkastik. D-Sane just did a little intro track for both Byrdie and Syko, with a very good beat on both and just kind of verbally hyping these artists up. It turned out great, esp. Syko's.

Apr 25, 2002
Dak iller said:
Damn that had to take allot of time....
Yeah, amazing how much time you're willing to put in when you aren't going to fall asleep anytime b/c you're loaded on caffeine from Super Bowl Sunday and you don't want to study.

Apr 25, 2002
regg said:
how did Daffy and E loc make tha list outta of all tha heat on tha RDR comp cuz I think there iz way better songs then "back down" for example Skuntdunanna feat. Notes and Todd Brown "it's nuttin or what about Smoke feat. Kane Related "mobb muzik" I'm not hating or any sh_t like that I just wanna know why you pick them and thanx for showing us some luv we appreciate it.
Like I said, this list ain't nothin but my own feelings, I liked that song a lot, better than the other cuts on the RDR comp (with the exception of the Intro and My Troubled Life).

Apr 25, 2002
xpanther206 said:
The 2002 SLR Summer Sampler (the one that had the snippets for IK (which had been released at that point), Syko and Sarkastik. D-Sane just did a little intro track for both Byrdie and Syko, with a very good beat on both and just kind of verbally hyping these artists up. It turned out great, esp. Syko's.

Damn, I totally fuckin' forgot about that shit. I just found my copy of it, and damn I was missin' out on some fuckin' D-Sane slumps.......good lookin' out pimpin'......

EDIT:
DAMN....that beat for the Syko Bio is off the motherfuckin' radar.....I'm glad you mentioned that shit......

Apr 25, 2002
Sir Mix-a-Lot

And to the number of you all who are lamenting the absence of Sir Mix-a-Lot and a number of other songs that are considered classics, I feel you, I understand 100% and I thought about it when I did it. But my only criteria was "how much do I want to bump it." I've got these lists on MusicMatch, so I want to be able to pull up the WA State playlist and then have absolutely zero desire to ever hit the skip button, I just want to let these slumps bump for days, all 181 of them (or 500 of them on the 500 list, which Mix had several cuts and Drop Top was on there too).

Mix's songs didn't make it for me b/c to me, his sound is outdated. I just would have a slight urge to hit the skip button if Baby Got Back, or SWASS, or Mack Daddy or Seattle Ain't Bullshittin came on. That was grounds for automatic elimination.

The Classic status, I do understand for sure. These are songs that are nostalgic for a lot of people, that possibly paved the way for a lot of artists etc. Like I said though, only criteria was how much I want to listen to it at the moment, and I just wasn't feelin that w/ Posse on Broadway or Drop Top. Also, I am a lot younger than a lot of you guys, for me when I really started getting into the local rap scene, it was albums like F.T.S. "Money Motivated" and No Good's first album that are really "classics" for me. It was not until I got more serious about collecting it and learned more, met more people that I discovered some of the older truly classic material, so I went back and got them afterwards.

Sicc OG
May 14, 2002
www.vvsent.com
GOOD SHIT PANTHER...

IM HONORED TO BE #1 ON YOUR LIST HOMIE...FUCK WHAT CATS MIGHT THINK OR SAY...U DO U...REP THA GANGSTA SHIT THAT U LIKE...1HUNNIT

KEEP IT LACCIN!

Apr 25, 2002
BAMMER said:
Panther,I got no problem's with your list,I was just wondering if you own these 2 albums,cuz you might wanna check'em out.

Young Have Not-Major Leagues
Black Caesar EP is one of the hardest albums PERIOD
I've got Black Caesar
Young Have Nut I saw in Fye Music, did the listen preview thing and did what is unusual for me and did not buy the local album, I wasn't feeling it enough and my cashflow wasn't great at the time

Apr 25, 2002
reppin_the_509 said:
this is a list according to who? no trife? no underworld hustlahs? no on one? wtf is this
List according to someone who's got more NW cds than anybody around.

If you read the initial post it was all stated there, take it for what it is, ain't nobody pretending it means shit.

Imma resurrect this old thread ... first of all props to xpanther206 for takin the time to compile the list. Made me look to see if I had 'em all. Got all but 17 ... the rest I threw together in case anyone wanted to have this dope mix!
If anyone can help with the ones I don't have it would be much appreciated! Enjoy.

https://mega.nz/#!F1hhTKSS!yPPrh7gKnDxuSuq9ejTcxbXq9TS1BGB-wpbF6D5csfI

Mar 14, 2018
Imma resurrect this old thread ... first of all props to xpanther206 for takin the time to compile the list. Made me look to see if I had 'em all. Got all but 17 ... the rest I threw together in case anyone wanted to have this dope mix!
If anyone can help with the ones I don't have it would be much appreciated! Enjoy.

https://mega.nz/#!F1hhTKSS!yPPrh7gKnDxuSuq9ejTcxbXq9TS1BGB-wpbF6D5csfI
This is tight as hell! Thanks for doing this , is there even any place I can get some of the full albums from? Like Red Head Steve’s Redrum & I.K Kash me out? Its like impossible too find stuff like this now!

Oct 19, 2018
That is a long list and I'm impressed that you have this big of a collection of local music. A few people I felt got over looked in that list that should have at least one track, mainly
Leezy Soprano aka King Leez (Black Umbrella), & Certified Outfit

Apr 19, 2006