Grapetree Records.

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 5, 2006
Wow U went deep with Grapetree Records lol I remember lookin 4 Nuwine and the album he had with them called "The Bloody 5th"......Come 2 find out he was deep in the Houston streets with a carjackin ring and changed his life so it seemed, but somethin went wrong and he went back 2 the streets under the name Wine-O.....

Apr 4, 2006
www.myspace.com
Wow U went deep with Grapetree Records lol I remember lookin 4 Nuwine and the album he had with them called "The Bloody 5th"......Come 2 find out he was deep in the Houston streets with a carjackin ring and changed his life so it seemed, but somethin went wrong and he went back 2 the streets under the name Wine-O.....
I remember Wine-0..

I just got that "Prime Minister - Prime Times" Cd and "Nuwine" cd is advertised on the back of the front jacket.

This Grapetree shit is actually tight, the beats are gangsta thats for sure. It reminds me of that No Limit NOLA shit like Magic and Mr. Serv on.

Feb 5, 2006
how 'bout them group names? Preachas-N-The Hood......Gospel Gangstaz.....
Ya know back then I thought the names were questionable, till I found out that more than half the Pimp Trick Gangsta Clicks and Lil Young so and so's out there wasn't nowhere near the names they or their management came up with.... At least even if on the surface, these cat's made a conscious choice 2 take the church 2 the streets over funky beats...

Jan 6, 2003
I've been curious for years so I got that da bloody 5th a month ago. Honestly I think it was pretty wack. It's not that it's christian rap, but the fact that Nuwine isn't a very good rapper and the beats were like 3rd or 4th sort beats from Houston by that time the album came out. I guess I have to check out more if I mind spending some money on it.

It's rather funny (?) to think that most of us prefer to spend our money on rappers claiming this and that about guns, violence, drugs and all kinds of negative images while we're sleeping on rap with a positive message.

Jan 6, 2006
i also remember seeing these ads in the source back in 97. i thought these cds were a joke for some reason and never gave it a chance. is it any good? any video links to check out?

Jun 4, 2004
Bad Business... a lot of their artists didn't get paid...:ermm:

Antonious was probably the dopest Emcee on their label.
FTF (Fila Phil and Chedder) was not really even signed 100% they had problems
from the start with payments and now they back to Secular Music.
Lil Raskull is cool.. but a lot of his Rhymes sound recycled..

dude that owned the label Knolly Williams is in Real Estate now...

Here some links if you feeling their music...

Antonious http://www.youtube.com/user/nomadyram

Lil Raskull: http://www.myspace.com/raskull