Good record stores in Marseille?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 6, 2003
I'm heading to Marseille, France this mid-November. Any of my French siccness homies on here that know any good record stores there, new and second hand?

Jun 16, 2007
I've lived in Marseille from 2006 to 2009 and find that this city has a lack some of good record stores. Nevertheless there are some few good shop.
You can try these ones :

- Galette, 31 rue des 3 rois 13006 Marseille (soul, funk, hip hop, soundtrack, world music a good store but a little bit expansive)
- Tripsichord, Rue des 3 mages, 13006 Marseille (there are 3 music shop barely side by side, I don't remember exactly what's in there but there is one of them where the seller is a fan of old rock and blues and he looks like a member of the Ramones)
- Lollipop 2, Bd Théodore Thurner 13006 Marseille (mainly rock, pop & punk but have some rap, funk and soul records)

Those shops are mainly selling records.
If you're looking for CDs, you can try OC'D, 162 rue de rome, 13006 which mainly sell mainstream artists.

Too bad that there is no more shop especially for african music 'cause Marseille have a strong african and mainly north-african culture.
Anyway, I guess you're not here for music so enjoy your trip to the greatest french city :classic:

Jan 6, 2003
thanks tibou. You're right I'm heading to Marseille for a four day work conference. gotta check the stores you mention. I don't mind if I find used records, it's all good. I still have my turntable. I noticed the same thing in Munich a couple of years ago, lots of used rap vinyl records and not so many used rap CDs worth mentioning.
I'll spend some time digging through what they stock. It's a thrill just going through record shelves.
What's the weather like in mid-November?
anything else in Marseille you can recommend checking out? Looking forward to visit "the greatest city in France"