Getting Signed

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jun 14, 2002
THERE ARE PLENTY OF WAYS TO GET SONGS ON COMPILATIONS.A LOT OF PEOPLE IF THEY ARE LOOKIN' FOR JUST ANYONE WILL MAYBE POST UP IN A FORUM.BUT IT IS KIND OF COMPLICATED SOMETIMES CUZ A LOT OF TIMES PEOPLE ARE LOOKIN' FOR A SPECIFIC ARTIST.
AS FAR AS GETTIN' SIGNED,HIT ME UP ON THE E-MAIL LET ME SEE SOME SKILLS.I RUN YC FELONZ RECORDZ.WE ARE WERKIN' ON MY SOLO ALBUM RIGHT NOW,BUT I AM WILLIN' TO PUT THAT ON HOLD,I WILL EXPLAIN MORE IN AN E-MAIL.
EMAIL= [email protected]

Apr 25, 2002
facebook.com
I had a label when I was 17...but then made it official when I was 18..had 2 get the licence...biz statement...etc... 2 tell you the truth I did'nt have a clue what I was doing...BUT i learned on the way..along with alot of mistakes came alot of knowledge that I did'nt know b4...I started a rap compilation back in 97 but put it on hold 2 release a rock group..which I did and was happy with but it did'nt sell that great..I did meet alot of people along the way and meet alot of people who run shit...Its crazy how many people jock you cause you got a label...but they don't know that anyone can do it...but only few can do it right..... I stopped the label when I moved from San Jose ......but i just started working on the compilation again "Disrapish" but all new artists....the old tracks won't see the light of day...except maybe one..still thinking about that.....ok ok..I think i'm talkin 2 much..so i'll end this...but the point is...DO SHIT YOURSELF :) Its better that way...Unless you sign 2 a major label....

Jun 14, 2002
SEE WIT' ME,I AM STILL LEARNIN' SHIT EVERYDAY.SINCE THIS IS AN INDY LABEL YA KNO' THERE SIN'T A GURANTEED AMOUNT OF MONEY SO WHEN YOU SIGN WIT' ME,WHATEVER MONEY YOUR ALBUM MAKES THEN THAT IS YOURS.I HELP OUT WIT' SHIT LIKE WRITIN' HELPIN' SELL SHIT TO STORES IN MY AREA AND ALL I REALLY ASK IS YOU SPREAD THE NAME OF THE COMPANY.I AM STARTIN' TO WORK ON MY SOLO ALBUM ,BUT IF THIS GUY WANTS TO SIGN WIT' ME,HE IS FARTHER ALONG ON HIS ALBUM THEN ME,SO I WOULD HELP HIM.AS FAR T.A SAYS BOUT' PEOPLE JOCKIN',YEAH IT IS TRUE,I HAVEN'T REALEASED SHIT AND PEOPEL ARE LIKE SO YOU GONNA RELEASE AN ALBUM AND ALWAYS JUST JOCKIN'.IT IS CRAZY.BUT,N ASSASIN GET AT ME HOMIE.

Jul 21, 2002
Oklahoma
www.youtube.com
i believe the shit about jockin. since this thread has been spoken on now, i wouldn't be suprised to see people tryna get at you or just start spittin rhymes to you in pm's and shit. i would love to do something you dig, but i would do it for me if i did it, on my label. i got respect for y'all doin it and not tryna ride on someone else's coat tails tryna get a buck.

Apr 25, 2002
facebook.com
Big Teflon said:
SEE WIT' ME,I AM STILL LEARNIN' SHIT EVERYDAY.SINCE THIS IS AN INDY LABEL YA KNO' THERE SIN'T A GURANTEED AMOUNT OF MONEY SO WHEN YOU SIGN WIT' ME,WHATEVER MONEY YOUR ALBUM MAKES THEN THAT IS YOURS.
All that is cool man..but you also gotta think about this...Who is payin 2 press the album...2 market it...what if the artist is broke when he/she comes 2 you and you gotta dish out the cash...if your doing it professional..then thats a couple of thousands of dollars...

Say you do pay 4 everything...Studio 2 record...mastering...press....etc....... and you release the album... What if it don't sell....

I think the best way 2 go at it..if your just starting out..is 2 go on the net..search 4 Cdr press and do about 300....that way its not a huge loss if it don't sell.....

Make sure you read alot of books...since your still in highschool (I Think) ...take the time 2 teach yourself...if you want help...I can send you some shit..by e-mail...some text 2 read...also some links 2 help you with whatever you need......let me know..

-T.A.

H

H. T. B

WHAT CITY ARE YOU FROM BIG TEFLON? @KIDD NORTH YOU WANNA PUT YOUR MUSIC OUT THERE. I'M CESOLITO THE OWNER OF HARDTIME ENTERTAINMENT HOLLA AT ME BECAUSE WE GOT ALOT OF PROJECTS IN THE WORKS FOR 2003.

www.mp3.com/The_Hardtime_Ballers

www.mp3.com/Cesolito

www.mp3.com/J_Illegal

CESOLITO :BRIMSTONE 2 (Coming January 2003)

*********COMING SOON**********

KAOTIC CONFUSION :Reflections Of A Young Thug
J*ILLEGAL :Mr Night Rider
LIL B :Blood Thirst
The Hardtime Ballers :BloodLines-Book Of Trues

Apr 25, 2002
facebook.com
Alright fellas..I sent about 10 e-mails of info 4 ya....remember...its always better 2 get more and more info..get as much as you can ..buy books...take classes...talk 2 people in the industry...big or small..you can pick something outta anyone.....and anything is better then nothin..... If the info I sent you does'nt answer your questions...I do got alot more..but not on my computer...I will be happy 2 look some shit on the net 4 you...as long as your serious about this..and not wasting my time..you know what i'm say? So hit me back...and let me know whats going on...

-T.A.

Oh yeah!..peep the site...Join the mailing list and sign the guestbook :confused:

Jun 14, 2002
YA I GOT THE E-MAILS.I ONLY READ THE FIRST ONE BUT I AM GONNA READ THE REST IN A BIT.

@ HARDTIME ENTERTAINMENT/CESOLITO-I AM FROM WOODLAND CALIFORNIA.HIT ME UP FOR MORE INFO ON COLLABS OR WHATEVER.

@ KIDD NORTH-SEND ME THE AUDIO WHENEVER YOU GET A CHANCE.

Nov 8, 2002
yo this iz tha shit blood i cant get no motha fuckin audio right now i cant get no recording tha best shit I could probably do iz like spit on a kareokie thingz or sumtin like dat