Genre Comps....

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Palmer

RIP SouthernComfort
Apr 10, 2006
SEAHAWKS!!!
It's going to be a lot of work but I'm hoping some of you music heads will put in the work to make some comps for your favorite genres.....Nutt, Smurf, Jesse, RJ.....put in work fellas.

B-Buzz

lenbiasyayo
Oct 21, 2002
bhibago
last.fm
^^ listening now and upping one of mine. lol'd at "Blink 18GAY"

edit- haha I just noticed Descendents- I'm The One is on here, that was my favorite song when I was 11 or 12

Rusto

Sicc OG
Nov 2, 2002
nice thread.

thank you to the people that are contributing

id like to see a thrash metal, ska, and electronic comp

Rusto

Sicc OG
Nov 2, 2002
nice thread.

thank you to the people that are contributing

id like to see a thrash metal, ska, and electronic comp

May 27, 2008

Rusto

Sicc OG
Nov 2, 2002
^^^Fuck yes, thanks

Sadus is from antioch? Thats tight. I think rock bottom records just hired a guy that used to be in that band

That song you posted is fucking sick. wow
I will now proceed to buy all their albums

May 27, 2008
^^^Fuck yes, thanks

Sadus is from antioch? Thats tight. I think rock bottom records just hired a guy that used to be in that band

That song you posted is fucking sick. wow
I will now proceed to buy all their albums
No prob. I used to be BIIIIIG into metal, like crazy about it when I was younger...

Of course I would recommend anyone curious about thrash to check out some of the (preferably older) METAL MASSACRE comps, a classic series.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metal_Massacre

Bay area thrash & speed: If you have not listened to POSSESSED "Seven Churches", you're in for a treat. Of course all the classics, the two I love the most besides the POSSESSED album are Slayer "Show No Mercy" and Exodus "Bonded By Blood"

Do you like Carnivore? Pre-Type O Negative Pete Steele. Not typical thrash per se - a big hardcore influence present too. "Retaliation" is one of my favorite albums

Intro track is entitled JACK DANIELS & PIZZA and they cover Jimi's "Manic Depression". This should be enough to make anyone want to check it out.:siccness::siccness::siccness:

Mar 18, 2003
I've had one put together for some time. It's an mp3 compilation intended to fit on a 700mb CD. Is that okay?

Btw I had intentions of making a similar thread.

EDIT: I'll post the tracklist later.

Palmer

RIP SouthernComfort
Apr 10, 2006
SEAHAWKS!!!
Man don't let this thread die out. I'd try and contribute to it more but I fucking suck at distinguishing between genres. That's kind of why I made this thread so I could focus on one genre from a bunch of artists then go to another genre. Come on folks don't let me down.

R8R

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
http://www.mediafire.com/?mgmtdnrm3y5

seriously I'm sure everyone and their mother can get down with this shit!....ENJOY!
SHOULD THESE SONGS BE PLAYED IN A CERTAIN ORDER OR JUST THROW THEM INTO ITUNES AND PLAY AS THEY ARE?

I TRY AND PUT OTHER GENRE CDS/PLAYLISTS TOGETHER CAUSE I GET TIERED OF ALWAYS LISTENING TO RAP SO I LIKE THE FACT THAT OTHERS ARE OPEN TO DIFFERENT MUSIC. I MADE A CLASSIC ROCK COMP A WHILE BACK, DOES THAT COUNT?