Gears of War 2 vs. Killzone 2 Engine Caparison

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Nov 11, 2005
I wanted to show just how Killzone 2 raised the bar technically in graphics. With Xbox 360 best Exclusive against PS3 Killzone 2 (demo). This is to all the people who say PS3 sucks on the boards.

Mar 1, 2006
www.sendearnings.com
Nobody saying PS3 sucks, and I gave Killzone 2 props for the Graphics but like I said in the other thread that shit will go only go so far if the gameplay isn't done right. Engines can always be replaced, gameplay and balance is the key to a great game.

This isn't ps2 vs Dreamcast or SNES VS Sega no more. That shit with best graphics = best games stigma is over. Raising the bar in Graphics isn't enough no more, Game makers have to step there game up in the game play and balance now because most games are online now

What I like is how killzone 2 is going to have those weather elements in the online games that new innovation alone is making me want to get a PS3 to try that shit out along with the new engine and Metal Gear, I can see games in the future using this engine just like a lot jumped on the Unreal Engine.

Gas One

May 24, 2006
Downtown, Pittsburg. Southeast Dago.
i wouldnt buy it because it looks too much like gow2 the way they just compared it

of course its gonna look better ...its not even out..they had time to sit in a studio and decide how to advance on a previous game..it does look tight but id expect it to look tight.,..games are getting better and more detailed by the year..the only reason id even buy a p3 right now is littlebigplanet lol

it seems like theyre trying to take away from gow2 but its already a successful game...so why not stand in your own shoes i guess

maybe thats the new way to promote games now..

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
i wouldnt buy it because it looks too much like gow2 the way they just compared it

of course its gonna look better ...its not even out..they had time to sit in a studio and decide how to advance on a previous game..it does look tight but id expect it to look tight.,..games are getting better and more detailed by the year..the only reason id even buy a p3 right now is littlebigplanet lol

it seems like theyre trying to take away from gow2 but its already a successful game...so why not stand in your own shoes i guess

maybe thats the new way to promote games now..

The OG Killzone came out a couple of years before Gears 1. Speaking of Gears, have you ever heard of Kill Switch? If not, watch this vid and tell me if Gears is original.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rh0Q57J9EH4

L.D.S.

The Bakersman
Aug 14, 2006
Mizzourah
The OG Killzone came out a couple of years before Gears 1. Speaking of Gears, have you ever heard of Kill Switch? If not, watch this vid and tell me if Gears is original.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rh0Q57J9EH4
Yep, Kill Switch had the hiding and blind fire long before Gears did, and it's a shame that game wasn't as good as it could have been. Everything except your character was plain.

Nov 11, 2005
Nobody saying PS3 sucks, and I gave Killzone 2 props for the Graphics but like I said in the other thread that shit will go only go so far if the gameplay isn't done right. Engines can always be replaced, gameplay and balance is the key to a great game.

This isn't ps2 vs Dreamcast or SNES VS Sega no more. That shit with best graphics = best games stigma is over. Raising the bar in Graphics isn't enough no more, Game makers have to step there game up in the game play and balance now because most games are online now

What I like is how killzone 2 is going to have those weather elements in the online games that new innovation alone is making me want to get a PS3 to try that shit out along with the new engine and Metal Gear, I can see games in the future using this engine just like a lot jumped on the Unreal Engine.
there is soo many people on this board that says PS3 sucks in many different threads. The gameplay is another topic I didn't even mention many people think it is going to top COD4 for best fps

Jake

Sicc OG
May 1, 2003
who the fuck said ps3 sucks cause of the graphics? hahahahaha,thats the LAST thing anybody would say about the ps3. you just sound like a butthurt fanboy looking for a reason to talk shit to people with a 360.

these arguements are getting old. buy both consoles that way you dont have to worry about what the next man is playing. if you dont own both,you have ZERO reason to talk

Jan 12, 2006
who the fuck said ps3 sucks cause of the graphics? hahahahaha,thats the LAST thing anybody would say about the ps3. you just sound like a butthurt fanboy looking for a reason to talk shit to people with a 360.

these arguements are getting old. buy both consoles that way you dont have to worry about what the next man is playing. if you dont own both,you have ZERO reason to talk
co-sign!