Gay Democrat Governor resigns, Admits to Homo Affair

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
www.Tadou.com
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=514&e=1&u=/ap/20040812/ap_on_re_us/nj_governor_14

:confused:

====================

TRENTON, N.J. - In a stunning declaration, Gov. James E. McGreevey announced his resignation Thursday and acknowledged that he had an extramarital affair with another man. "My truth is that I am a gay American," he said.

"Shamefully, I engaged in adult consensual affairs with another man, which violates my bonds of matrimony," the married father of two said. "It was wrong, it was foolish, it was inexcusable."

The Democrat said his resignation would be effective Nov. 15. Senate President Richard J. Codey, a Democrat, will become acting governor and serve out the remainder of McGreevey's term, which ends in early 2006.

McGreevey, 47, refused to answer questions at a news conference where he was flanked by his wife and parents. He said that "it makes little difference that as governor I am gay," but added that staying in office and keeping the affair and his sexual orientation secret will leave the governor's office "vulnerable to rumors, false allegations and threats of disclosure."

"Given the circumstances surrounding the affair and its likely impact upon my family and my ability to govern, I have decided the right course of action is to resign," he said.

He did not elaborate on what the circumstances were.

The man involved in the affair, a former government employee, demanded "an exorbitant sum of money to make it go away," a high-ranking administration official told The Associated Press, speaking on condition of anonymity. Cabinet members and administration officials learned of that threat Wednesday night, the source said.

Rumors had been circulating for several years that McGreevey was gay, reaching the level of open hints on New Jersey talk radio shows

(more)

Dec 25, 2003
Yea man thats all I do is character assassination. SHit Hatch you pulled my card homie. never do I debate tadou on issues or facts...ever.

And it's all good for tadou to post an article about a "homo" affair...but I guess those friends of George Bush at BJU, worrying about "race-mixing nigger affairs", now I wouldn't catch no heat for that would I?

"White woman dates Black man, admits to nigger affair"

If tadou posted that would you be accusing me of name calling?

Jun 24, 2004
J-Funk said:
This can be greatly debated as populations of Orangutangs(dunno hwo to spell it exactly) have been studied for their sexual habits. And it is observed that some Orangutangs male and female engaged in what seems to be homosexuality with other Orangutangs on occasion... if u want an article i can post it.

Are we apes? How would we produce if we were homosexaul. Im not arguing the point that religon says its "wrong" to be gay. Im saying how would we reproduce if we were a homosexual population. In spieces that are are asexual or can theoretically can reproduce homosexual, nature allowed them to reproduce in that fashion. As far as I know we dont. Hence its not natural. Allow them to have a union, marriage is for a man and woman for the purpose of promoting the Human race. All I see gay people doing is trying to shove there bullshit liberal ways down my throat.

Dec 25, 2003
DaytonFamily said:
In spieces that are are asexual or can theoretically can reproduce homosexual, nature allowed them to reproduce in that fashion.
This is patently wrong. Homosexuality among animals has little or nothing to do with reproduction. Naturally occuring homosexuality has been noted in a huge amount of animals, ranging from ducks to goats, sheep, horses, dogs, dolphins, apes, etc., and it had absolutely nothing to do with reproduction. There is even a species of chimpanzee, the bonobo, in which a study revealed a 100 percent bisexuality rate of the subjects studied.

Look up the term "reticent breeder", and you will see what I mean.

All I see gay people doing is trying to shove there bullshit liberal ways down my throat.
Why ignorance like yours goes unchecked, I'm not sure. It's almost like you, tadou, Mclean, etc. want to wind the clock back in knowledge and wisdom, and destroy the world in the process.

Apr 25, 2002
www.Tadou.com
^^ Would you rather we talk about how he actually ISN'T resigning for another 3 months, and he's squatting on it so he can hold onto his post long enough to pass it to another Democrat, instead of a special election being held?

@Funk

I think it is Bonobos you are talking about, not Orangutans. (no G)

Apr 25, 2002
www.Tadou.com
^^ Because if he drops the post TODAY or TOMORROW, under New Jersey law, there will automatically be an election........If he waits until Mid November (which he is doing), the post automatically passes on to the ranking Democrat in the legislature.

May 8, 2002
i think there is more to this story than meets the eye.

1st he resigned because he wanted to beat his "partner" to it. as his partner is going to file sexual harrassment suit against him.

2nd that guy had no business being in the position that he was in, i mean the guy culdnt ever get FBI clearance and he was supposed to be NJ top counterterrorism guy. I wonder why he was there???