gassin...the bays genre?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Mar 1, 2007
this was hittin me jus the other day when i was listenin to gully's d.o.g. off the tonite show, and realized, every1 in the bay has been "gassin", for the past year or so now, and before it was used to describe the heat they spillin. With all these recent realeses, like gas nation, gas man, tear gas, and the term being used jus as much as hyphy was, could this be a new genre or the something that the bay could blow up on.. or to over take the image that the nation has on the bay known commonly as "hyphy"? I also noticed that livewire were the first using it, and now even the o.g's like 40 usin the term...and its positive too because i notice that when artist use the term, they wanna step they bars up and brings out some of that creativity because they wana make sure they gassin. i think they improve more and more the more music i listen to. i wana let this b known as well, in 6 months...when gassin does start to blow up, and it has a great amount of potential, i guarantee, the nation is gonna notice. erry one is gona wana "gas". its a new way to compete on a real lyricist level. who can really "gas"? i really think this is what the bay needs, the young cats to step the game up, and the older cats take notice. JMO. thoughts...

Jul 25, 2008
niggas be oilin' too... wit that slick talkkk... maaaan fuck puttin a label on shit just to breakthrough...its all just rap. if ur comin hard u dont need a label put on u to be noticed..

BASEDVATO

Judo Chop ur Spirit
May 8, 2002
The type of music you describing IS bay music, its a regional sound... gimic music like hyphy,crunk,chicken noodle soup, whatever the fuck - is just a a 15 minute deal.

It would to easy to poke fun at a WHOLE genre called "GASSIN"

starting with calling rappers in that genre ASS MOUTH

May 7, 2002
The type of music you describing IS bay music, its a regional sound... gimic music like hyphy,crunk,chicken noodle soup, whatever the fuck - is just a a 15 minute deal.

It would to easy to poke fun at a WHOLE genre called "GASSIN"

starting with calling rappers in that genre ASS MOUTH
Yukmouth? lol