GANGSTA REESE-FULL METAL JACKET-REVIEW

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

PLOT

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
GANGSTA REESE
FULL METAL JACKET
DUGOUT RECORDS

Song Title: INTRO
Features: GANGSTA REESE
Produced: TAZ TWISTED
Rating: 0/0

First off, I dont like intro's to begin with. You listen to them once and then whats the point. This one isn't any different.

Song Title: FULL METAL JACKETS
Features: GANGSTA REESE
Produced: MAC PACINO
Rating: 8.5
Quote:
"LOC AIN'T NO FRONTIN CAUSE I'LL BRING IT AND I'LL DO IT TILL DEATH.......KNOCK OFF YOUR MOTHERFUCKIN BLOCK TILL THERE AIN'T NOBODY LEFT"

Off all songs on the cd this was the best pick to go first. The beat is clean and REESE let's fool's know he's back and isn't fucking around. This sets the tempo for the rest of the cd and get's you thinkin "Damn, I didn't know before, but now I do".

Song Title: DIRTY WORK PART 2
Features: GANGSTA REESE, CONVIC
Rating: 7.0
Quote:
"I SAID WHATS UP GIRL HOW YOU BEEN IT'S FUNNY HOW THIS TIME PASSED........BUT YEAH I HEARD YOU HAD A KID THATS COO I STILL WANT SOME ASS"

This was probaly the best pick for the second song too. After you hear FULL METAL JACKET, you think the whole cd is gonna be some hard gangsta shit.......... Your bad. REESE switches up real quick to a topic that many relate to. Remember that one female you used to tax back in the day in the balls at McDonalds Playland, then seen her a couple years later tryin to play the role and act like she never seen a dick????? So did REESE........

Song Title: BACK SEAT RIDAHS
Features: GANGSTA REESE, SILENCE LOC
Produced: LARRY K
Rating: 8.0
Quote:
"HOMEBOY YOU NEVER WAS A RIDAH, NO WORK IN FOR THE TURF....BEEN TAKING PICTURES WITH YOUR PISTOL CAUSE YOU SOFT LIKE A NERF"

This song picks the tempo back up a notch. This song is about dumb asses that for one reason or another try to play the role. REESE sets the record straight and starts clowning. Some of you NET BANGERS might get mad and throw the cd out the window after hearing this.

Song Title: BITCH LIKE THIS
Features: GANGSTA REESE, VEL
Rating: 9.0
Quote:
"I REPRESENT THAT 5TH LETTER, MY SIDE OF TOWN WHERE WE PUTS IT DOWN....MUG IF YOU WANNA....BUT YOU STILL A BITCH WITH A FROWN"

This song is one of the tightset on the cd. The beat is SICK. This cd is the tightest because REESE speaks on the same shit that gets me shaking my head......stupid motherfuckers who wake up after a wet dream and decide to become a rapper. The one's who come out of left field and make a billion compilations with all the same people cause it wont sell on it's own. REESE is gonna make some people tear and sniffle.

Song Title: EAST SIDE ANTHEM
Features: GANGSTA REESE, JAZ, G-MAN
Produced: MAC PACINO
Rating: 7.0
Quote:

" MY RELEASE DATE WAS STEADY CREEPIN UP ON ME CALLED THE HOMIE AND TOLD EM, LET'S PUT THIS SHIT BACK TOGETHER PUT IT OUT THERE AND SHOW EM"

This is a mellow ass song. The kind of song you'd want to hear cruising on a hot summer day. The hook is kinda boring but the features make up for it.

Damn this is takin forever to type I never wrote a review before and dont plan on writing anymore LOL if you really want me to finish it LMK and I will.........

May 6, 2002
yeauh, Gangsta Reese is bangin, much luv on that shit from me, thx for keepin rap music strong, i'm gettin my order ready for 10 og's of it :)

PLOT

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
ZoSicc said:
yea fa real, come back lol

(ZoSicc thinks #2 was at least a 9.5)
I feel that. I am a real critic though. I see some of these reviews like the one of A-Wax with a bunch of songs that get 10/10. Comon now what the fuck if a song is a 10/10 it is a STRAIGHT CLASSIC like Hotel California or Gin and Juice. There's maybe only 10-20 rap songs I can come up with that truly deserve a 10/10. Point is, whatever I come up with on this review add an extra point to it to come up with what the majority of people doing reviews come up with.:D I'll finish the review in a few..........

PLOT

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
Song Title: REAL ZAGGIN 9162408
Features: GANGSTA REESE, DOUBLE J, NO LOVE, STONE AGE
Quote:
" COME BREAK BREAD WITH YOUR FOLKS, OUT TO MY DAWGS AND MY LOC'S"

Reese Loc (ESSJ CRIP) Kapitol Boyz (SAC OAK PARK BLOODS) collabed to make this.......no really they did. If any of you like the Kapitol Boyz you wont be dissapointed. In my opinion REESE outshined them, but got extra credit for tight beat and clean verse.

Song Title: INDEPENDENT'S DAY
Features: REESE LOC, YOUNG 2-11, CONVIC
Rating:8.5
Quote:
"WE PUSHIN INDEPENDENT CAUSE I DONT NEED NO MONEY TROUBLE.....TOO MANY HANDS IN THE POT, MAKE IT HARD FOR ONE TO BUBBLE"

Man, I never heard anything from TAZ TWISTED before this album, but this beat is so sick I was about to call in to work. This song is on the topic of staying independent instead of signing your raps away. REESE is basically saying fuck all the drama that goes with being on a major cause I'mma make it happen my damn self. Young -211 follows up REESE with a cool verse and CONVIC has the last. CONVIC comes pretty lyrical but seems to lose the rhythm a little.

9. PENNTROLUDE

*SKIT*

Song Title: WE'Z ENEMIES
Features: GANGSTA REESE, G-MAN, YOUNG 2-11
Produced: ERRELEVANT BEATS
Rating: 8.5
Quote:
" WATCH YOUR MOTHERFUCKIN LIP CAUSE WE CHECK CHINS QUICK, MY NIGGA YOUNG-ROBBERY GO HEAD AND EMPTY THE CLIP"

This is a introduction to the new group album featuring REESE, YOUNG -211, G-MAN, and JAZ called ENEMIGOS. This is one of those beats where your head starts movin like you havin a seizure with saliva drooling out the side of your mouth. The only thing that was missing in this track was JAZ. I've heard a few songs with YOUNG-211 and i know he can come way tighter then he did on this one.

Song Title: 10 DAYS
Features: GANGSTA REESE, VELL
Produced: LARRY K
Rating: 9.5
Quote:
"10 DAYS BEFORE MY BIRTHDAY....NINETEEN NINETY THREE...I SAW MY COUSIN SHOT DOWN....RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME."

LARRY K brought back to life the infamous beat on "You don't wanna see the NUT" from the IMP album. This is one of my favorite COUGNUT songs ever, so I knew this song was gonna be clean. What I didn't know was this track was dedicated to the loss of his cousin, who was shot and killed by SJ cops. You can feel the pain of REESE through his voice and words. This is one of the realest dedication songs I've ever heard by a rapper. Like him or hate him, hear this track and you'll feel him.

Song Title: AT ODDS UNTIL EVEN
Features: GANGSTA REESE, MR. KEE
Rating: 9.5
Quote:
"SERVIN CONSEQUENCES LIKE I WAS WORKIN FOR CORRECTIONS AND HOLDIN COURT IN THE STREET WHILE DUMPIN THROUGH THE INTERSECTION"

Fuck, this TAZ TWISTED character comes through again with some shit. This beat is off the hook when your elevated. I think that this is the best song on this album. MR KEE has one of the best hooks I've ever heard from him and REESE spits 3 solid versus. This song seems to get stuck on "replay" sometimes.

Song Title: IF YOU RIDIN C'MON
Features: GANGSTA REESE, TAZ, RICCOCHET
Quote:
" THIS AIN'T NO ACT OR JUST SOME WORDS THAT I PUT DOWN ON THIS PAGE..........I'LL ONLY TELL YOU ONCE HOMEBOY AND THEN I'LL SPEAK WITH MY GAUGE"

shit....i gotta go, I'll finish it later.....

May 10, 2002
Sounds solid...when I get some cash, I'ma have to swoop this up. It's good to see Taz all over the beats, and it looks like he got some bangers (not that I expected any different). And you got Mac Pacino on a beat...damn...that alone and consider it swooped!

Apr 25, 2002
...GIVE A MUTHAFUCKA A COMPUTER THEY START ACTIN LIKE THEY WRITERS 4 THA SOURCE OR SOMETHIN,YO PLOT,HOW MANY SONGZ GOT 10/10?IF THEY AINT DESERVE 10Z PLEASE TELL ME WHY.....IM NOT ACCUSIN YOU OF THIS ....YET,BUT I SHO HATE WHEN PEOPLE SPEAK ON MY ALBUM AND THEY NEVA EVEN HEARD IT,UN PROVOKED HATAZ BE THA WORST KIND!CAN YOU EXPLAIN WHY MY SONGZ AINT DESERVE 10Z?WHAT SONGZ?WHAT DID I DO WRONG?ID APPRICIATE IT PODNA,AN IM SORRY IF I JUMPT THA GUN ON YOU N YOU HAVE LEGIT CLAIMZ.

PLOT

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
A-WAX said:
...GIVE A MUTHAFUCKA A COMPUTER THEY START ACTIN LIKE THEY WRITERS 4 THA SOURCE OR SOMETHIN,YO PLOT,HOW MANY SONGZ GOT 10/10?IF THEY AINT DESERVE 10Z PLEASE TELL ME WHY.....IM NOT ACCUSIN YOU OF THIS ....YET,BUT I SHO HATE WHEN PEOPLE SPEAK ON MY ALBUM AND THEY NEVA EVEN HEARD IT,UN PROVOKED HATAZ BE THA WORST KIND!CAN YOU EXPLAIN WHY MY SONGZ AINT DESERVE 10Z?WHAT SONGZ?WHAT DID I DO WRONG?ID APPRICIATE IT PODNA,AN IM SORRY IF I JUMPT THA GUN ON YOU N YOU HAVE LEGIT CLAIMZ.
You just happened to be the example I used dont get butt hurt man. It's my OPINION. I never even wrote a review before this one, I dont know what the fuck I'm doin. All I know is mine is unbiased, where your's is questionable.

Apr 25, 2002
QUESTIONABLE HOW?THATS ALL I WANT 2 KNOW,WHY I GOTTA BE BUTT HURT?I JUST STATED MY OPINION BACK,NOW IF I GO 2 A THREAD N SAY PLOT REVIEWZ ARE WACK,HE THINKS HES THA SOURCE AND ONLY GIVES 10Z 2 THA SONGZ THAT HE FEELZ,IGNORING DELIVERY,STYLEZ,PRODUCTION CHOICES N ARRANGEMENT.....WOULDNT YOU RESPOND?ALSO YOU INSINUATE THAT MY REVIEW WAS BIAS!?!W.T.F.?!IS EMDE MY SECRET SCREEN NAME OR SOMETHIN?I DONT KNOW PODNA,YOU MAKE IT SOUND LIKE I PAYED HIM 2 WRITE THAT SHIT,KMON.THA FACTS ARE:EMDE DID A REVIEW WITH HIS OPINIONZ,YOU FEEL THAT YOUR OPINION IZ SOMEHOW MORE "UNBIASED",W.T.F.?WHO ARE YOU 2 OVER RIDE HIZ OPINION?JUST THINK BEFORE YOU USE PEOPLEZ NAMEZ AS EXAMPLES,WAX

PLOT

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
whatever dude.......this thread says "GANGSTA REESE REVIEW".

Again, my point is people seem to throw that 10/10 out there to the point where the shit get's so diluted a 10/10 could range from a decent song to the tightest song ever. You just happened to be the example I pulled out of my ass because I saw a bunch of 10z on your review and others.
And no bias? If there's not I'll put 65g's in a jordan briefcase that unless there is a personal problem 90% of all opinions between labels and rappers to other labels and rappers on this board are POSITIVE.

Apr 25, 2002
MY POINT IS,DONT SAY IT DONT DESERVE THOZE 10Z IF YOU AINT HEARD IT!THATS LIKE ME CALLIN YOU A FAGGOT BUT I NEVA MET/SEEN/HEARD OF YOU.YOU DIG?STICK 2 YOUR GANSTA REESE REVIEW AND DONT USE ME 4 AN EXAMPLE UNLESS YOU HEARD MY ALBUM AN HAVE LEGIT CLAIMZ.I AINT TRYIN 2 PUNK YOU PODNA,IM JUST BEIN REAL.