Gangsta Rap is Ruining the Seattle scene

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 13, 2002
www.fuckingbored.com
because of gangsta rap shows, where most of the people go to act hard, we cant have a decent concert with out someone complaining, because of all these shooting at gangsta rap shows all hip hop concerts are being associated with crime, we need more lyrical acts like syko and byrdie where people go to the concerts for the music, anyone agree with me

May 2, 2002
www.StreetLevelRecords.com
DuckSauce said:
because of gangsta rap shows, where most of the people go to act hard, we cant have a decent concert with out someone complaining, because of all these shooting at gangsta rap shows all hip hop concerts are being associated with crime
I don't agree at all....
Dog....I go to alot of these so called "Gangsta Rap" Shows I've never had any problems....And I don't try to act hard...If someone gets shot at a concert it aint the music thats to blame...It's the cat who pulled the trigger...When you mix Liquor and a bunch of people from different places and place them both under the same roof ..Bad things can & do happen...If the same thing happened at an OLDOMINION show would you feel the same way???????
I mean look at clubs like the Bohemian or China Harbor etc. etc....
Funk pops off all the time at these clubs and they play Bullshit R&B
and POP TART Rap music...People get shot at these places Who's fault is that???????? P-DIDDY and Destiny's Child????????
Dont be so quick to judge shit

tadou

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
www.Tadou.com
I dont know about blaming gangsta rap exclusively, but i agree on the lyrical standpoint....a hybrid of the 2, like byrdie or syko, is perfect...thats the NW sound right there....none of this other shit goin on is gonna fly, and ISNT flying very well at that!!

Syko, Sarkastik, Byrdie......Lyricide.....*weeps uncontrollably* :(

BAMMER

Siccness Gray Hair
Apr 25, 2002
Auburn Wa
www.dawgman.com
Tadou,there's no need for you to comment on anything street oriented.You have'nt the slightest clue about the "gangsta" in gangsta rap you fuckin truck.

Anyone who went to that show had to of known there was gonna be funk......

ALCOHOL+GUNS=TUFF GUYS

tadou

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
www.Tadou.com
Originally posted by BAMMER Tadou,there's no need for you to comment on anything street oriented.You have'nt the slightest clue about the "gangsta" in gangsta rap you fuckin truck.
Where the fuck did THAT come from? I take a conservative standpoint, and you get all radical on me....the fuck?

Oct 3, 2002
that's one of the dumbest fuckin' things i've ever heard...music doesn't pull the trigger as hilltop said, it's mostly drunk fucks that act hard cause they got straps...

Apr 26, 2002
Alright put it this way...back in the mid-80's when gangbanging was damn near at it's peak, gangster rap didn't even really exist, but fools in LA (And other places, just using LA as an example) still got shot all the damn time....theres always gonna be loose cannons out there.

Apr 25, 2002
Hilltop Hound said:
Music doesn't pull triggers. And stop trying to sound like the government.
Real Talk.
Dog said it man. It's not the music, it's the people. You got a whole LOT of suckas who want to act hard and when you try to add in having a good time, the two don't mix.

Nothing good up here is going to happen until people quit acting like idiots before they even leave the house.

I AM

Some Random Asshole
Apr 25, 2002
Sick Wid It said:
Dog said it man. It's not the music, it's the people. You got a whole LOT of suckas who want to act hard and when you try to add in having a good time, the two don't mix.

Nothing good up here is going to happen until people quit acting like idiots before they even leave the house.
well said, i agree with you...

tadou

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
www.Tadou.com
If it was only that simple...

Gangsta rap RELATES to these people that wanna act like a bad ass, and prove they're the hardest thug of all time.

Anyone that denies that is purposely being an idiot.

"Look at these haters that you sent me/So if i smoke these motherfuckers, lord, im hoping you'll forgive me" -- Person A disses Person B; thus, person A is a hater, and gets shot at.

Not that the music isnt good, but............yeah. :confused:

Sicc OG
May 14, 2002
www.vvsent.com
MAN THAT SHIT AINT HAVE SHIT TO DO WIT MUSIC... I WAZ THERE AND I KNOW WHAT THA FUK WAZ GOIN DOWN...BASICALLY,EVERYONE KNEW DAM WELL THAT IT WAZ GONNA BE A GANG OF CRIPS AND CRIP AFFILLIATED NIGGAZ UP IN THAT PARTY..,SO IF A MUTHAFUKA WENT DOWN THERE KNOWIN THAT, THEN APPARENTLY THEY KNEW WHAT TO EXCPECT....I CA GARUNTEE IT WAZNT THA MUSIC,IT WAZ NIGGAZ GANG BANGIN IN THERE,SO OFCOURSE SOMTHIN HAD TO POP OFF....WHEN U PUT REAL GANGSTAZ TOGETHER..REAL GANGSTA SHIT GONE HAPPEN..ITS UNFORTUNATE BUT TRUE....LEN CAPONE WAZ A REAL ASS NIGGA,HELLA COOL,EVEN THO WE WASNT AFFILIATED WIT THA SAME GANG,WE RESPECTED EACHOTHERS GANGSTA...

tadou

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
www.Tadou.com
^^ I agree 100% with that...but the only problem is--just like venue-owners and operators are seeing it--these types of things are more likely to happen at a gangsta rap show than they are at an Garth Brooks concert, ya dig?

So if 100 people would show for an Garth Brooks concert, and 100 would show for a rap concert, and the building-owner/operator had a choice...why not have the Garth Brooks concert instead, and avoid all the fuss? That is what promoters are now doing, and altercations like this are not helping one bit!!

(R.I.P to Len Kapone and the other cat who lost his life...)

Mr. D-Sane

Sicc OG, muthafucka
Apr 25, 2002
Seattle
www.streetlevelrecords.com
This unfortunate and tragic event is a perfect example of lack of proper security planning. I didn't attend this event.....but I've been to plenty before this one....and there is no reason why they couldn't have had a few SPD officers working the door and parking lots. Cops in the area ain't always gonna stop shit from happening.....but it sure reduces the chances. And it's shit like this that ruins it for all of us in the local scene......shit like this makes us lose venues and the support of the local officials.....most of which would love to shut us down anywayz. Muthafuckas is fallin' right into the trap......just because they didn't want to pay an extra few hundred funky-ass dollars for some off duty cops.

Music doesn't kill people......guns don't kill people........PEOPLE KILL PEOPLE.

151 had a good point though......if you're a Blood and you walk into a predominantly Crip oriented event......you should expect some sort of shit to pop off - regardless of how cool you are with G'z from the other side.