Gaming slump.

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jun 24, 2005
I'm in a gaming slump right now. Everything I try to play, I'm just not feelin' it very much.

I tried to play MW3 MP and wasn't feelin' it. I tried the campaign, same thing. I started my second play-through of Red Dead Redemption, no go. I put in Dead Space, same thing. I bought Darksiders for $10 a couple weeks ago and finally tried playing it the other day, and couldn't get into it. My buddy wants to run through all the Halo games with me, but I don't want to do that either.

You ever get into slumps where nothing is appealing to you? If so, what do you do? What gets back you into your gaming rhythm?

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
I'm in a gaming slump right now. Everything I try to play, I'm just not feelin' it very much.

I tried to play MW3 MP and wasn't feelin' it. I tried the campaign, same thing. I started my second play-through of Red Dead Redemption, no go. I put in Dead Space, same thing. I bought Darksiders for $10 a couple weeks ago and finally tried playing it the other day, and couldn't get into it. My buddy wants to run through all the Halo games with me, but I don't want to do that either.

You ever get into slumps where nothing is appealing to you? If so, what do you do? What gets back you into your gaming rhythm?
Yes, and I just got accepted to UC BERKELEY so I don't know when I'll ever get through these games I have. Between school and work, I really don't have much time for gaming. It's like I'm a casual gamer now. I play for ten minutes and then I turn the shit off and pick up a book or make music for these projects.

fillyacup

Rest In Free SoCo
Sep 27, 2004
i feel you stick (nomarty). i had a huge gamingslump like wutdafucc amd i doing. felt like i was wasting my time an chit. still kind of do. not back into it like i use to but i dont play for weeks at a time then get on for a few good hours.

kanye shrug

Jun 11, 2004
That's your mind telling you you need to put down the controller and do something else.

If you ever run out of things to do in videogames land though, there is always skyrim lol

60 hours deep and still have barely scratched the surface.

BUTCHER 206

FREE BUTCHER206
Aug 22, 2003
Seattle, WA

well what kind of games do you like? sounds like you dont like shooters or adventure shooters

why dont you try a different style of game? try an RPG or a fun platformer

Jun 24, 2005
That's your mind telling you you need to put down the controller and do something else.

If you ever run out of things to do in videogames land though, there is always skyrim lol

60 hours deep and still have barely scratched the surface.
I think I was about 80 hours into Skyrim back in late January, and then got overwhelmed with the larger cities lol.

well what kind of games do you like? sounds like you dont like shooters or adventure shooters

why dont you try a different style of game? try an RPG or a fun platformer
I love all kinds of games, including the ones I mentioned. I just wasn't feelin' em at the time I guess. I played through ME3 twice, and played the MP a pretty good amount.

I do have Fallout: New Vegas and Fable 3 that I still haven't played. I've never played a JRPG, but I can't see myself liking something like Final Fantasy. The last platformer I played was a Ratchet & Clank game for PS3 a couple years ago, and I didn't really like it much.

NAMO

Sicc OG
Apr 11, 2009
Try out different genres, maybe a dungeon crawl or a MOBA that doesn't need alot of pc power.

If you are primarily a console gamer, you should come over to the dark side..

Apr 2, 2010
Just take a break until something strikes you again, I'll go a month without touching a game then suddenly get a urge to play a specific genre.

Nothing in life is fun if you force it.

Jul 21, 2002
Oklahoma
www.youtube.com
I'm a single dad of 2 kids so gaming has been rare for me since January but kinda made me appreciate it more. I have to stay up later to play and the next morning when I'm tired as hell because I stayed up to play video games also made me realize that it's a monumental waste of time sometimes. They leave for a few months to go stay with their mom and i'm trying to make it a point to not play as much as I could while they are gone. I need to play Uncharted and RDR. I've had those games over a year and haven't even opened them pretty much

Jun 24, 2005
Try out different genres, maybe a dungeon crawl or a MOBA that doesn't need alot of pc power.

If you are primarily a console gamer, you should come over to the dark side..
I already own a PS3, if that's what you mean by dark side. Killzone 2 was the reason I HAD to have one. I do the majority of my gaming on Xbox, and play a handful of exclusives (Killzone, Uncharted, inFAMOUS, God of War and Resistance) on it. It's mostly used for blu-rays though, which the a secondary reason for getting the console.

NAMO

Sicc OG
Apr 11, 2009
I already own a PS3, if that's what you mean by dark side. Killzone 2 was the reason I HAD to have one. I do the majority of my gaming on Xbox, and play a handful of exclusives (Killzone, Uncharted, inFAMOUS, God of War and Resistance) on it. It's mostly used for blu-rays though, which the a secondary reason for getting the console.
nah mate, I'm talking about gettiing into PC gaming.

If you are on a tight budget, then forget about it. But if you can spare about $750, you should look into it. There are a couple of people like myself who can help you with parts and installation, you can do it all yourself and save money.

Oct 19, 2008
San Diego
I've kinda started feeling the same way. I play almost every day but sometimes it just gets stale. That's why I'm gonna try to save up for a gaming PC. You can download fan-made mods that bring new things to a regular game. I bet I would still be playing Skyrim or even New Vegas right now if I had it for PC.

NAMO

Sicc OG
Apr 11, 2009
I've kinda started feeling the same way. I play almost every day but sometimes it just gets stale. That's why I'm gonna try to save up for a gaming PC. You can download fan-made mods that bring new things to a regular game. I bet I would still be playing Skyrim or even New Vegas right now if I had it for PC.
props.

you can play shooters the way they were meant to be played, with PC. Once you taste that total control, you will never play a shooter on console again breh.

Apr 2, 2010
props.

you can play shooters the way they were meant to be played, with PC. Once you taste that total control, you will never play a shooter on console again breh.
For the most part, I personally don't mind going from a console online fps to a computer or vice versa. As kingsix said fan man mods or even slight adjustments to the gameplay mechanics can make fps or any other genre a blast.

Jun 11, 2004
New Vegas is almost as much of a time sinkhole as skyrim. I loved that game and spent prolly a hundred hours in the wasteland, and theres still hella shit I never got to. Try that game if your bored.