Funny story about the Iron shiek

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

caff

Sicc OG
May 10, 2002
From the DOI:

Some indy group around Boston ran a Iron Sheik appreciation night show.

Sheik decided to drink the entire flight to Boston. During the ride from Boston to the show, he complained that he needed his "medicine". When they arrive he wouldn't leave the car, and locked himself inside. The promoter and even some wrestlers were begging for him to come out since the fans were there to see him. He then started to scream about how he loves cocaine, heroin, and marijuana, and screaming that he is the medicine man. He showed up 30 minutes later fine, posing for photos and signing autographs. THEN...

On the ride back, a drunk driver swerved across the highway going 90 hitting the car the Sheik was in. Sheik then started yelling at police that the driver brought him to Boston to kill him and then punched him in the throat. I-495 was shut down as a helicopter was brought in for the driver (Dave doesn't say if it was for the drunk, or the guy driving the Sheik, probably both). Then Sheik offered the police autographed photos if they would take him to the hospital. When the police asked for Sheik's age he wasn't sure and needed to call his wife, he said 62 or 65 (actually 66). The next day, the sister of the driver picked up Sheik to take to the airport. Sheik bitched about how her brother almost killed him last night. He makes her stop at the liquor store, comes out with two brown bags. Then when they arrive at Logan airport he refuses to leave the car. Finally 4 State troppers force him from the car.

From the guy that was his driver:

Commissioner Von Johnson sent MWFprowrestling.com the following this afternoon:

Well, well, well, what a night it was in Blackstone, MA. After the events taking place over the past 24 hours, Hossein Khosrow Vaziri, known to the world as The Iron Sheik, will not be returning to my promotion in the future. The doctor bit his lip last night because it was a night for the Sheik and the fans came to see him but his actions before, during and after the event will not be tolerated in my promotion. All of 'Sheiky baby's' fans can get an inside look at what really went on.

The Iron Sheik held himself hostage in one of our athlete's cars before the event and totally disrupted the event. Trying to make the Sheik happy, he was paid earlier in the afternoon and then in the hours leading up to the event he would not leave the car. While our staff was busy preparing for an event for the fans, an event to honor the Sheik, he proved what a truly selfish, classless person he is.

The Sheik refused to enter the building as scheduled for the 6:45PM start for his Question & Answer Session. After several members of the MWF spoke with him, he agreed to come into the venue but at his own pace. He was bitching and moaning about the way MWF 'mistreated' him in front of other wrestlers and venue staff. He came out to ringside for the Q&A session, 25 minutes late, but decided he would talk to Ox Baker for a few minutes while the fans waited on their hands. Like 'Manny Being Manny' in Red Sox Nation, this was 'The Sheik Being The Sheik.' This man of great pride and respect was spitting in the face of his own fans.

After the Q&A session, he posed for a few photos then verbally attacked me because I did not buy him a bottle of Gatorade after picking him up at Logan Airport. The commissioner spent the afternoon driving into Boston to pick this bizmark up, he should have been buying the doctor Gatorade. When it was time for him to sign autographs, he left the ringside area, left the building and locked himself in the car for the rest of the night, being completely unprofessional. The evening was supposed to end with a special ceremony and plaque presentation to the Sheik, but he would not come back. Instead, he was attacked by Ox Baker's Army in the locker room.

When the event was over, the Sheik said he didn't want to head back to Boston with the commissioner, which was fine by me. Soon after the doctor left, I got a call saying no one else could make the drive with him, so I had to return and pick the fool up. As we pulled onto Rt. 495, a drunk driver exploded into us going over 90MPH. The truck flipped over us upon impact and went into sparks and flames. We were a few feet from death, but luckily we did not hit the truck after it flipped in front of us. And to show his thanks for saving his life, the Sheik says I brought him to Boston to kill him then punched me in the throat as the drunk driver's truck flipped into an inferno. We won't get into how I responded. The car doors were wedged shut and we couldn't get out, so I was stuck with this fool ranting and raving. After the drunk jabroni was flown off the scene in a helicopter, myself and the Sheik were taken via ambulance to Milford Hospital and spent the night. The commissioner's sure all of his fans are concerned about his condition, but he's in rough shape and lucky to be alive baby. The Sheik suffered a badly sprained ankle and was given crutches. We learned that the Sheik has a purple foot due to bad circulation, it was quite a site. After begging for pain pills for his knees, the Sheik then turned into a grovler for free sandwhiches and fruit. If you know the Sheik, you know he enjoys free meals as much as honey and Reno Chastaine.

Being the commissioner, I was able to reschedule the Sheik's early morning flight. I figured I'd have to humor him for most of the afternoon until his 5PM departure. In the car, he tried holding the doctor up for more money he didn't earn, after he ruined the event the night before and basically stole the money he was paid for the event, that wasn't happening. The commissioner decided to bring him to Logan then and there. The jabroni Sheik didn't want to leave the car unless he got more money, so the commissioner had to take action. Five state troopers removed the Sheik from the rented Von Johnson mobile and as far as I'm concerned he is as done, baby, done as Muhammad Hassan in the MWF. If Franklin Churchill or any of the other brains in the MWF decide that the Sheik is to return, they'll be paying him for nothing, because The Iron Sheik will not be booked on one of my events again.

Dr. Brad Von Johnson

Commissioner of the Millennium Wrestling Federation

Commissioner of Melrose, MA