Fucking Metal!!!

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 15, 2002
Depends, they have so many albums and each one is very different. If you like melodic black metal, go with "memoria vetusta II". If you want scary industrial black metal, go with "the work which transforms god." Every album is quality in its own way.
So I'm pretty much in love with every album of theirs that I've heard so far, with "777 - Sect(s)" and "Memoria Vetusta II..." being my favorites. Excellent band.

Mournful congregation from Australia play weds at high line in Seattle.
I saw them last night in SF. They put on a decent show which got better as they went on. The bass was a little two loud so some of the leads were drowned out. They had three guitarists though which is interesting. And the vocalist can growl like a motherfucker. I left at the beginning of the last song because a fuck ton of couples were hugging and making out and shit during the show and it finally pissed me off. I'm thinking, "fuck you! You're listening to FUNERAL DOOM METAL. Stand fucking still and enjoy the show assholes".

Whatever, it was an alright show nonetheless, not sure if I'd see them again though. They're far from my favorite funeral doom band.

Props: taetae
Jun 11, 2004
So I'm pretty much in love with every album of theirs that I've heard so far, with "777 - Sect(s)" and "Memoria Vetusta II..." being my favorites. Excellent band
Yea i feel the same way. the amount of creative talent these guys have is absurd. My personal favorite is "odinist" and probably "the work which transforms god" after that, but I like all their releases for different reasons, even the much hated "mort."

Jun 11, 2004
Does anyone have any good "forest metal" recommendations? Like wolves in the throne room-ish sounding bands? I'm diggin that pacific northwest sound a lot lately

Dead Blue

Smokin Bud
Nov 14, 2008
CALIFORNIA
any chance someone could hook up a camotoze vigil disco? I lost mine in a hard drive crash.

...also looking for this band I used to like a lot that I can't remember the name of. They play acoustic doom and it's sick.

May 15, 2002
Like only drums and acoustic guitars? The only thing I can think of is October Falls, but he does pure acoustic albums and doom albums with lots of acoustic sections.

Dec 2, 2011
Mhu thulan
illuminatiguy.tumblr.com
Thanks. I know all of those except drudkh, which I've been meaning to check out for a while but haven't. They got hella albums, any suggestion where to start?
i've only listened to their last 2 albums and autumn aurora, but they're good

oh and old silver key is nice. not really black metal, but theres 4 members of drudkh and neige from alcest and they play post rock/folk shit

Aug 24, 2002
Post your list of the 10 best metal releases of the year, I need some suggestions for titles to buy. What u think of decibel mags list of the 50 best of the year? Thanks.

May 15, 2002
The first five are in order, the rest are just random.

Moonsorrow - Varjoina Kuljemme Kuolleiden Maassa
Vader - Welcome to the Morbid Reich
Blut aus Nord - 777 Sect(s)
Puteraeon - The Esoteric Order
Falkenbach - Tiurida
Dopamine - Dying Away in the Deep Fall
Decrepitaph - Profane Doctrines Unburied
Draconian - A Rose for the Apocalypse
Primordial - Redemption at the Puritan's Hand
Nocte Obducta - Verderbnis - Der Schnitter kratzt an jeder Tür

Extra notes: Moonsorrow's is one of the most ambitious albums I've ever heard, to the point of the album art and booklet photography depicting the story. It's one of those albums that absolutely requires the physical product to get the full experience.

Vader of course kicks ass; the addition of Spider, who plays more melodic leads a la Mauser, adds much needed variation that was lacking in Necropolis.

Blut aus Nord is just plain interesting. Thanks to pbarb for that.

Puteraeon is some kick ass, somewhat groovy death metal. This is their debut.

Falkenbach's was a little disappointing in the vocal department, but excellent otherwise.

Dopamine is from China. They play atmospheric black metal with a large dose of post-rock.

Decrepitaph is old school DM with clear but raw production. They have tons of albums and they all sound the same, but are all awesome.

Draconian is standard fare Draconian. This one is *maybe* a little more doomy than their last couple albums. The saddest part is it's their last album with Lisa Johannsen, who apparently left the band a couple months ago.

Primordial was the biggest disappointment, despite being an excellent album. Their previous album is one of the greatest albums of all time, so this one was bound to be disappointing. Musically, it's just the same as To the Nameless Dead, but Alan's vocal performance is rather tame and predictable (i.e. boring), which detracts from the overall product. Some amazing, emotive riffs scattered all around the album though.

As for Nocte Obducta, I thought they had split up a couple years ago so I was stoked to hear another album from them. Atmospheric BM, though this album is fairly restrained on the metal.

Sep 25, 2005
@ Dedblu, if you like acoustic type shit you might like this,

Opeth from their Damnation album

[video=youtube;S7aD1cXCAKs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7aD1cXCAKs[/video]

Warning

I think the guy sounds like morrissey LOL.

[video=youtube;2FMr61LyEV0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FMr61LyEV0[/video]